Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Appologies if this is a repost but it seems like a "good cause" thing and so I said I'd spread the word 'cos I'm a sucker for sick kid stories. I've lifted it from Retro-Rides but its being organised by the Charnwood Car Club.

"we're trying to arrange for a super car meet on Thursday 27th august at six hills on the A46 in Leicester

this will be as a fund raising event for Declan who some of you may have aready met.

for those that don't know him, he is car mad, like most of you lot! but he has a form of muscular deterioration which will in time effect his whole body and unfortunatly does cut his life expectancy to around 15yrs old. he is only 10. he is wheel chair bound but is full of fun and laughter!

so we have advertised on Piston heads, as they are a very good bunch of car nuts and are up for helping out for a good cause!

we will be collecting donations (loose change and car money which everyone has!) or we'll tip you upside down and shake until something comes out! the money will go towards his trip to Australia or whatever he'll need in the future.

lets make this a great meet and give Dec a great night out with us, he really enjoyed his last visit.

CCC team!!!!"

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I would do, but Lise works evenings :tdown:

Will see if she can get the evening off though, do the Junkyarders know, and the Loughborough lot???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts