Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading another thread in which a member had posted that whilst at the Nat's last weekend he had met a few people from the forum's...

The fact that he had his screen name on the back of his shirt helped, Funny really I was actually going to do that too, but for one or two reasons I thought better of it....

Firstly, I thought it may well make it easier for people to know who I am, you know put a name to a face....?

Secondly, I thought it might also make it easier for anyone who objected to anything written on a forum to see it as a target and take a blind swing if it took their fancy.

Now, I am sure that the second sinario would not happen, and I am sure that I have NOT pissed anyone off enough to warrant such an attack, but that is what stopped me doing it.....?, combined with that fact that my car is quite easy to notice.

Damn good idea though, just wish I had noticed you at the nat's mate, must have walked around with my eye's shut

Good idea... Bad idea

Your call.....?

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
I sat on the hill overlooking the show field from Friday morning, Great view, No visitors, oh well................... Still a great weekend............:tup::tup:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
We've been doing it for years mate :tup:

All of the Volkstorque tops have usernames on unless requested & that was the way I was hoping to go with the RnS ones :tup:

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
good idea!.

ive nothing to hide.... :wave:

Sid.

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,703 Posts
good idea!.

ive nothing to hide.... :wave:

Sid.
Works for me too...although if I'm near my car, I'm obvious.

Maybe we could have our names on windscreen sun strips like we did in the old days (oh shit, did I say that out loud :lol:)

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
it would be handy for those you wished to avoid too....:incheek::incheek:

Sid..

·
richard rawlplug
8,122 Posts
my names painted on me car so i dont really have a choice...

actually its quite a good idea as i kind of feel a bit of a nerd asking whats your forum name??

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Now, I am sure that the second sinario would not happen, and I am sure that I have NOT pissed anyone off enough to warrant such an attack, but that is what stopped me doing it.....?,
Dont bank on it ...............:wanker:

:pmsl:

We've been doing it for years mate :tup:

All of the Volkstorque tops have usernames on unless requested & that was the way I was hoping to go with the RnS ones :tup:
Just on mine Si leave the 305 off mate (one day it may get a 350) lol

But :tup: to the shirt with the name .......Well where is it , Im waiting :pmsl:

And i was gonna get a baseball cap made up just for the NATS

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Those of you that went to the N.S.R.A. Billing fun run and found the Raleigh Chopper croud may have noticed guy's in black shirts with strange names on the their backs, [pause for laugh] they are from the custom cycles forum and the idea worked. [NO black eyes].............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts