Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lost out on a cortina crossmember i wanted for a new project i've just got,anyone on here ever played with mazda front suspension on a rod,i was looking at RX7 or MX5 anyone able to help?:D

The project is an 1940 Austin Ten which hopefully will sit on the YSR 1929 A chassis i got from Kapri if this helps

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers

Hi Vinny,thanks for the offer i will take you up on it soon,I'm looking at some MX5 bits on friday the main item that i'm interested in on the RX7 is the uprights because of the 5 stud wheel pattern and whether i can get them on the MX5 arms,I know i'll probably have to make alts and the arms are steel on mx5's so easier to mod if needed,if not i might try the complete rx7 set up althought they are a bit rarer.cheers paul:tup::tup::tup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
as far as i know the mx5 is on a double wishbone set up,my rx7 has struts,now sure if the hubs will swap over though.the stud pattern is 5 stud 4.5 inch pcd,same as mopars , fords and most other jap stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
look at beardsmore brothers site there building a morris 1000 based on a mx5, there is plenty of imfo a build pics,

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
suspension

Hi Vinny thanks for your info:tup:,I've bought some wishbones and a subframe so I'm going to have a play about and see what i can make,I have some cortina uprights so hopefully i might ge able to make some kind of hybrid front end....knew my o level metalwork would come in handy one day:pmsl:

·
Registered
70 Posts
i've been looking at the rx7 front suspension today,you could use crossmember,steering rack,bottom arms and uprights,the strut bolts to the upright with two bolts so it would be easy to fix a balljoint/fabricated top arm instead of using the strut,the rx7 also has alloy hubs and lower arms as standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts