Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the weather I recon it could be well busy on here today. Cant even go shopping :)tup:) May just have to dig through some mags and finish my scrap books of the truck and 32. What are you all up 2 ?

·
autoholic.co.uk
210 Posts
I left for work at 05:15 and discovered that low profile tyres and snow are a bad combination! Our road hasn't been treated so after getting a bit stuck sideways across the road, I managed to get back. Phew! Motorways and A roads round here are closed, my boss was a bit miffed but I don't have a helecopter!!

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
not a single bit of snow here, not even frosty, my son text us a foto last night and it was white over, he,s in london, my bros going to blackpool in a bit to do a delivery so hope he gets on ok:cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've got 3 tonne of gravel being delivered today, so I'll be mostly using a wheelbarrow :roll:

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
well , had an email from a guy in sweden earlier in the year telling me
" you've never driven a caddy till you drive it in the snow "
so i'm off to drag my 57 out and have some fun and send the pics back to the guy .....:D

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
was supposed to be driving from Buckinghamshire to Essex today to collect a car but a 350 bhp rear wheel drive pickup and a trailer is gonna be a bit hairy

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I had no probs getting into work this morning and everything was running fine. Usually when it snows the whole London Underground grinds to a halt!!! But not today!!! I'm now abusing the work computers while on my break. :p Before going to the pub with the other instructors for a few crimbo drinks.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
I was going to go out for a spin in the consul but ............. Last/this year when we had the last lot of snow i tryed to move the car and had no grip from the kellys at all

So little in fact that when i stopped the car turned it off and got out it slipped off the kurb when i shut the door :pmsl:

·
Grown up? Never!
2,171 Posts
I booked the day off weeks ago to work on Tetanus, but there is no way in hell I'm going out there is this cold, just spent the last hour or so catching my birds and putting them in their winter quarters, better late than never. Time for coffee and then I think I'll try and wrap some of the presents up, it will give Liz something to do when she gets in, unwrapping them and rewrapping them.

Chaley

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I booked the day off weeks ago to work on Tetanus, but there is no way in hell I'm going out there is this cold, just spent the last hour or so catching my birds and putting them in their winter quarters, better late than never. Time for coffee and then I think I'll try and wrap some of the presents up, it will give Liz something to do when she gets in, unwrapping them and rewrapping them.

Chaley
Catching your birds???????? You can fly? I know you can't ride a bike! lol

·
Stroker
5,464 Posts
we got an inch!

and I've got a little hangover.

Listened to big Terry Wogan sign off from his morning show, done all my wrapping,
bit surfing, had a look round to find summat worth 7 grand to flog off so I can buy
that 66 Mustang from Motorama.

I can't go into garage till the box of parts come as scheduled from Real St**l.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Being a house bitch since my 'retirement'.......redundancy to you.....I have the pleasure of housework!! Of course the quicker I get it done, the quicker I get into the garage....or as is the case now, clean a shelf, go on the rods and sods site; vacuum a room, go on the rods and sods site; make a cup of tea, go on the rods and sods site; clean a bog....wash hands, go on rods and sods site.....anyway, you get the idea!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
i decided to get my old toyota people carrier taxed again today, i now have no trouble as its 4x4. its amazing the diference driving all wheels makes. for a run of the mill people carrier its amazing whats underneath, locking hubs etc just like a proper off roader. i was going to sell it but maybe i will hang on to it till the weather improves:D. upset a bloke with a brand new jag, he couldnt get out od the carpark so i drove round him with a big grin:pmsl: on my face.

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
looks like Si's been buisy, adding snow to the top of the page, while ive been out in the bad weather working all day! well you want your parcels for xmas dont you :tup: never mised a days work in 30years cos of the weather, you softies :incheek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts