Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a mechanic in the Totnes or Dartington areas (preferably a mobile mech)?

My son has a 2000 Vauxhall Astra Estate that won't start. He's had the ECUs off an tested and they are Ok and has now been told it might be the immobiliser. Local garage wants £60 to take it and look and then another £40 to take it to a main dealer if it is the immobiliser.

It may be something as simple as fuel starvation as it has been run very, very low a number of times and may have sucked up shit.

It has had new glow plugs about 700 miles ago. I don't think the heated plugs warning light comes on very long if at all!

The problem is that I gave him the car as he is not very well off at all (I will help with the costs) and I am up in Norfolk while he is way down there!

you can reply on here or pm me if you can help or point me in the right direction.

cheers

·
am i nearly there yet
175 Posts
Is there a mechanic in the Totnes or Dartington areas (preferably a mobile mech)?

My son has a 2000 Vauxhall Astra Estate that won't start. He's had the ECUs off an tested and they are Ok and has now been told it might be the immobiliser. Local garage wants £60 to take it and look and then another £40 to take it to a main dealer if it is the immobiliser.

It may be something as simple as fuel starvation as it has been run very, very low a number of times and may have sucked up shit.

It has had new glow plugs about 700 miles ago. I don't think the heated plugs warning light comes on very long if at all!

The problem is that I gave him the car as he is not very well off at all (I will help with the costs) and I am up in Norfolk while he is way down there!

you can reply on here or pm me if you can help or point me in the right direction.

cheers
bit of along shot if you disconet battery then turn ign on then reconct battery with ign still on it will serch the moberlicer then i should start if its a mobi fault

1 - 3 of 3 Posts