Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
3561 - 3568 of 3568 Posts

·
Registered
Loxley Lozenge
281 Posts
Well, up to now I've got through about 15 pages. Then I cheated and went straight to utube!
Sir, if I was wearing a hat, I would certainly take it off to you. There simply can not be many, if any, home brewed specials that could come close to this one. We'll done that man.

·
Registered
Loxley Lozenge
281 Posts
Not at all, I mean it. Although having heaped big time praise your way, may I be so bold as to comment on your navigational skills demonstrated in one of your videos. Fancy getting lost on your back doorstep! Muppetry can happen to the best of 'em!!!!!

I have a belt drive v twin Trump JAP, I ride it and can't get ' those magnificent men in their flying machines ' out of my head. Your car , although not genuinely from that era, has that pioneer Brooklands racer look about it that I'm sure you were going for. I think the same tune applies to your machine too. Ab fab.

I'm up to page 25 already on that build, and will certainly follow your new one.

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,564 ·
re getting lost ...i agree , especially for an ex long distance bike courier ! in medusa i spend most of my brain function pondering the question , how can this be legal , with a 9ft face to end of bonnet , its literally like driving the flying scotsman down the rd .

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Nice to be reminded of this epic build. Do you still get to drive it much?

·
Registered
Loxley Lozenge
281 Posts
Cor blimey guvner, it's taken me a while, but I've got through all of this.
As I was reading, I kept finding people saying " I've just read all of this" and I'm thinking crikey I'm not even half way through it!!!
Many memorable bits, like your extremely unfortunate incident in the MRI scanner. That must have left a lasting impression for all concerned o_O
I was saddened to read of the demise of your cat, not nice at all.
It seems like more work went into the project after you got it on the road, than in the actual build. I do confess to interpreting some of the technical spiel as " blah blah blah" . This is despite me being pretty technical in my profession, but some of your stuff was well over my noggin !!!
Anyway well done old chap. Toodle pip.

3561 - 3568 of 3568 Posts