Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The medway cruise is on this Thursday 7th August, 7pm . Great night with Amercan diner, Pizza Hut & various restaurants, bars at hand. A new ANPRS system has been put in place to catch/fine anyone doing burnouts or any dangerous antics that could jeopardise the event. Great atmosphere, see you there!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was a great night, approx 4 to 500 cars & bikes attended, going from strength to strength! See photos on facebook ; "medway cruise"

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
It was good apart from the tit in the tvr doing donuts in front of the cinema and main car park, but he was soon fu?)ed off out of it .

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Absolutely no idea it's meant to be rods n yanks on the top bit from 7.00 .
But people are turning up earlier and earlier

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always difficult to select appropriate vehicles in the show area but it's understandable when someone turns up in their ; example; top notch blown v8 pop and they get told there's no space and they have to park in public car park. They don't always bother coming back after!

·
Registered
661 Posts
people are getting there earlier as it gets full earlier! it use to be 7.30 to get a space, now closer to 6.30!

it wasn't all yanks in the pedestrianised section, there were british rods there too! the whole event is organised/co-ordinated by individuals with american car histories, and it's advertised on the big screen as an american cruise, so not surprising that american cars are sent to the front!!!

what we will need soon is a bigger car park!!!

and one day people will finally twig that burnouts kill cruises!

·
Registered
305 Posts
people are getting there earlier as it gets full earlier! it use to be 7.30 to get a space, now closer to 6.30!

it wasn't all yanks in the pedestrianised section, there were british rods there too! the whole event is organised/co-ordinated by individuals with american car histories, and it's advertised on the big screen as an american cruise, so not surprising that american cars are sent to the front!!!

what we will need soon is a bigger car park!!!

and one day people will finally twig that burnouts kill cruises!
Burnouts don't necessarily kill cruises, an organised cruise with a specific area for burnouts would probably attract more people. Fair enough not all people are into that part of the scene but then not all people are into polishing their cars to death, some like originality, some like full out race modifications. There's a variety of people that share the same interest yet everyone has their own personality/vision/version of it which is what makes it such a good scene to be involved it. Seeing the amount of people standing around the exit shows how many are into that side of it and I know a lot of people with cars there that would of liked to have give the people what they want. To have a small area cornered off with barriers/tyres with a couple of people controlling it would in my opinion attract even more people and let the percentage of cruisers that are into that show off and give the crowd what they want and it would be done in a safe controlled environment.

·
Registered
661 Posts
a cordoned off area means its SANCTIONED and as such will require marshals, site permissions, accident cover in insurance and paramedic personel, and someone to pay for it all.... why do you think it HAD to stop at the Nats, and doesn't happen anywhere apart from racetracks????

you've been told this already and you still don't get it.

Guildford was killed by boy racer twats, Lakeside the same, and it's going so well for the Ace cafe at the moment with burnouts and idiots!

if you can't get it into your head that burnouts have SPECIFICALLY been asked to stop at dockside by the owners of the site, then you can sod off and join the children crashing at Medway city estate.... oh.. with the anti social behavior dispersal zone in force there you can't can you....

·
Registered
305 Posts
As far as I'm concerned I have my opinion and I'm expressing it so no need to act like a child and try to insult me.
My point is that it could be made possible and done safely. If the organisers don't want it then that's down to them but like I just said it can be done and it would attract a lot of people. I'm clearly stating a point! Like I said in my previous post, there's people that enjoy show and shine and people that enjoy using their power and mods to have fun. doesn't make anyone a child or immature, and certainly doesn't make you better than them people because you enjoy the more relaxed side of the scene.
it's just the kind of thing they like. I think if you asked every person that attended the meet if they would do a short blip or burnout if it was allowed most of them would say yes. Regardless of weather the organisers allow it to ever happen which I get, my point is that people would enjoy it and want to do it/see it

·
Registered
661 Posts
And the organisers DON'T want burnouts as they don't want to jeopardise an event they have worked long and hard to build.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately we have witnessed so many cruises close after a short time because of ILLEGAL antics! The Ace cafe is swinging in the balance at the moment with threat of closure because of the mindless few that don't behave themselves! A cruise night with sensible driving for a few years is better than one full of burnouts for one night then never to happen again! There's no argument here, we all know the rules and if anyone drives dangerously then they could get caught on the ANPR system and landed with a fine!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts