Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Yep, used to have the "Magic Robot" but cannot remember much about it other than it worked with magnets under the board. :D
You big fat liar...
Magic Robot was magic and always knew the answer to the question he was asked:incheek::incheek:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you placed the robot on one side and turned it to ask a question move it on to the otherside, place it on a mirror and it spun round pointing to the answer of the question, the first ones only had 4 question and answer sheets...great fun sat on the mat in front of the coal fire!

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
you placed the robot on one side and turned it to ask a question move it on to the otherside, place it on a mirror and it spun round pointing to the answer of the question, the first ones only had 4 question and answer sheets...great fun sat on the mat in front of the coal fire!
Exactly...
And NO MAGNETS:D:D

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Remember the driving test game. I think it used magnets moved by arms under the board moved by the gear lever thing. Didn't help me pass my test years later tho.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Hi Ian,

:sniff:Not got the magic robot anymore, but still got the coal fire.:D

I cant say as i remember the driving test game.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,739 Posts
Jeez...Excellent! Had both of these but especially loved the driving test. Played with it for hours. Just in the process of clearing my Dad's house and surprisingly found pics of me with it one Christmas morning.
I need to find one on Ebay now...:)

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you remember, and im sure you can! no matter how carefully you steered your car/motorbike round the roads the thing always flung the car/bike of the road !

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Brilliant '70s toy thread ......................................but we were so poor that we only had toys from junble sales and there were always bits missing :sniff: but I did have a Johnny Gun - the poor mans action man , boots never fitted :sniff: :sniff:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
here' a game i played with as a kid...who else had this

dont think i had one as a kid, but picked one up a few years ago at a boot sale, what i did have was a steering wheel that fixed to the back of a car seat so you could pretend you was driving :D

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not sure did it have a board like snakes and ladders only with oil taking you back spaces... box looks familier

1 - 20 of 24 Posts