Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Amazon was a hit at the Plano Texas Cars and Coffee event this weekend, and what a great monthly car show of Exotics, Muscle Cars, Classics, ect, plus there was such a huge turn out of hundreds of cars that they quit letting them in at 7:30am.

I got a visit from the Discovery Channels Fast and Loud Crew from the Gas Monkey Garage to check out the car, and found out that I am competing against Aaron with his Ford Falcon and Casey (painter) with his custom Ford Truck in the upcoming Ultimate Street Car Challenge Qualifier.. And after this show, I went to eat lunch at the Gas Monkey Bar and Grill and pulled up into another afternoon car show I didn't know about, so I decided to pay the entry to have awesome parking, and I won Best Street/Race Car and Best of Show... LOL

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom was a trip.. He hung out for about 30min, and from the conversation and a couple of the guys around him, I get the impression he might have something of his own going on pretty soon? Nothing was really said directly, but he and the other guys he was hanging around just purchased a shop location, and they are looking for odd ball cars to build...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom and Jordan have been sacked from fast and loud,
But should be back on our screens with a new programme soon !

pop
That is the impression I got... As I said, Tom had a few guys around him that seemed to be sort of handlers or money guys, and these guys said that they had purchased shop space in Melissa Texas which is just outside of the Dallas area. We had all exchanged cards and they said they wanted to come by my shop, and it sure seemed like there was some planning or something going on, because they and Tom kept stressing the need to build different cars out of the mainstream. I didn't know that Tom was sacked from the show, and he didn't say anything of the sort, but now that you say that, he wasn't wearing any of the regular Gas Monkey or sponsors attire..?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts