Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good make of metal cut off disc, I have tried so many, lost count of how many were crap :tdown: ie breaking - bits missing - taking for ever to cut.

Don't paying over the top for decent one's.

Cheers Bob

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,146 Posts
Erbauer Stainless steel ones from Screwfix
THAT'S the ones I was trying to think of , great units and last. I bought loads of non brand at an autojumble, just as well they were cheap cos they last about 10 seconds compared to the Erbauer ones.

·
Registered
155 Posts
One off the best cutting discs

0.8 MM THICK
RHODIUS XTK8 SIZE115X0.8X22.23 Germany
PART NUMBER A6OU9BE1433
These discs are the best steel , stainless , thin sheet ,flat bar
Cromwell tools can get them but will ownly sell to our work at two boxes off 50 at a time ... works out at £1.03 pence each + vats ( large company tho )
Wish I had them at the start off me building the Y :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
THAT'S the ones I was trying to think of , great units and last. I bought loads of non brand at an autojumble, just as well they were cheap cos they last about 10 seconds compared to the Erbauer ones.
I go thirds on them Erbauer stainless type the best I've used,and I've used loads. If you dont lean on em and let the disk do the cutting. Get mine of the bay they call E, cheap too.
Martin.

·
Registered
769 Posts
cutting disc,s

:wave:hi andy, you still paying for disc,s, how much are disc,s nowadays, haven,t bought a disc in 20 year,s. perck,s of the body trade. jonny z :tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts