Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I already know the answer to this but is there an imperial equivalent to a 190 65H 390 - it's close to a 15" but not close enough I'd imagine...
Best price I've found so far are £228 each - a bit much for a cheap daily with 70b.h.p....

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
I think I already know the answer to this but is there an imperial equivalent to a 190 65H 390 - it's close to a 15" but not close enough I'd imagine...
Best price I've found so far are £228 each - a bit much for a cheap daily with 70b.h.p....
Hi jaydub,

If you were guessing the answer is no, then unfortunately you are right.

I think that size was also used on some of the MK2 Granada's and some of the Saab's. In all fairness if you are keeping the car for a while i would look for a set of 15" or 16" wheels that are the right stud pattern. Bear in mind 390's are 15.4" near as makes no difference, so if you are marginal on caliper clearance 15" might not be big enough.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
if you're keen to keep the original wheel type then i suppose you could 'cut' the centres out and get them tig welded into some 15/16" rims. not cheap initially but long term you'd save on tyres.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies - wasn't sure if it was a metric equivalent or a different size entirely but suspected the latter. I was hoping it might just be a difference in terminology - like going from crossplies to radials but obviously not. The reason I asked is that I've just bought an old Subaru truck with a P.C.D. of 4*140 (a bloody odd size only shared with Peugeot 504 and 505 I believe!) and spotted some Ebay "bargain" alloys off a 505 for a quid!! But if it's going to cost a grand for a set of tyres I think I'll stick with the standard ones for now. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts