Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the usual RodsnSods car but we're all "car people" so thought I'd put it here before trying the dreaded ebay. Ideal for K series conversion or a first classic to learn on if you have kids (although you'll be nicking it for test drives as it's such a giggle).

MG Midget 1275, chrome bumper, round wheel arch model. Registered in 1973 although manufactured in 1972 so tax exempt. This car has a factory fitted hard top as well as a good condition soft top (with tonneau cover for when folded). It is on standard rostyle wheels with good tyres, including the spare. It is MOT'd until 15 April 2012 and taxed until 31 July 2012 (free tax). I am selling this car due to a lack of use as it's only done a few hundred miles each year recently.
Although a little "scruffy" looking this MG is structurally very good. It shows no signs of welding to its floors and is still on its original sills. All usual Midget problem areas are sound e.g. door posts, spring hangers etc. Consequently the panel gaps are good and the doors open and shut as they should. There is a little rust on the driver's side rear quarter behind the rear wheel but this would be easily fixed. There was minor accident damage to the rear and this is part repaired - the boot lid has been replaced and the rear panel professionally panel beaten, so it is now ready for a minimal skim of filler and paint. It would not take too much time and effort to have this car ready for a respray, which would make it look very presentable.
Mechanically the car is sound and reliable. It has what I believe is the original engine and gearbox which both function without issue but it could do with a tune up or possibly just a little use. It has had recent front discs, pads and recon calipers so there are no issues with the brakes.
The interior is tidy but needs new carpets. The seats and door panels are in good condition but would respond well to a thorough clean.
In summary this is an extremely solid example of the most favoured round wheel arch Midget which is ideal to improve in use. I can supply extra photos by email and I am happy to take more as requested. £1,595.
As I'm a busy lad please send a message for first contact.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I still have this if anyone is interested now that summer is (theoretically) coming. Don't think it's been out of the garage since the original post..... I didn't ever put on ebay as I couldn't face the hassle.

Would be happy to re-MOT if price was sensible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I still have this if anyone is interested now that summer is (theoretically) coming. Don't think it's been out of the garage since the original post..... I didn't ever put on ebay as I couldn't face the hassle.

Would be happy to re-MOT if price was sensible.
Hi, could you please send me any other pics that you might have, what do you think it might need for new MOT? .
Thanks Steve

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

PM sent.................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.