Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this after looking at BMW,s and merc,s for months as I haven't had road car 3 years Jesus and thought bollox £1500 for a scooby with a tad under 300 hp goes like stink just a toy to play with for a while yes it's taxed and moted for 6 months bloody bargain! No I'm not gonna strip it or sell it yet.

Now guys I have all my no claims tied up in my vivaro van! I'm 46 immaculate driving record how do I go about insuring it or how have you all insured your works vans and then have play cars and rods and classics insured whats my best and cheapest option it has toad alarm by the way?

Cheers. Popinoz image.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
That's the trouble with stuff like that, its great value for money, but unless you have a full no claims or traders policy, they can cost the same again to insure.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Don't know about insurance as have traders policy , but them subarus are such fun , I have had 2 a while back even a ra edition , go very well, love the sound , and I knew that if the missis used it , it would come back in one piece . Found it a pleasure to drive for not a lot of money.
Dazza

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna have a bell round been on pistonheads they reco. Greenlight. Admiral. Elephant

Agree for the money Jesus 1500 squid it's got all the goodies still shocked when you consider I paid £2200 for the anglia and it's a pile of rusty shit .Looking forward to a blast and gonna sort out a few issues with bumper and have to re do wheels .is it ok for a 46 yr old to have his bonnet carbon fibre wrapped or shall I go and buy a new pair of slippers !:incheek:

·
richard rawlplug
8,122 Posts
For 1500 quid it's probably fucked.

·
Stroker
5,473 Posts
I had a black wrx waggon import insured through Admiral.
Full ncb, around £350 pa, told them about the replacement cat, hi flow, not intentional just that a subaru one was silly money. And they put it up a£100 and the part wasnt covered. :wanker:

Anyhoo, almost as much fun as my old MR2 turbo import. :tup:
Beat all the abandoned Chelsea tractors in mad snowy conditions over the years.

If its an auto like mine it'll be fine. All the manual boxes at that price will probably sound like a box of spanners.

Having said that, it was very docile, but if you hit the sport button, my god what a lick of speed and sound as it changed up at 6000rpm.
Kept that for special mind, normally if said Xwhatever was in the way. Lol
Enjoy :smoke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts