Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stevie.T and Woodchip (HotRod) suggested tonight that we ought to do a meet up for a spot of karting.

Well, this progressed up to how about a little friendly comp between Volkstorque and Rods 'n' Sods.

Well, they're up for it. What about us ?

Chances are places will be limited but it's open to anyone able to get over the the Midlands (M5 J2). I think Steve's going to be calling round the local places to see what's on offer so no dates set as yet but who's up for it ?

They're starting to rally the troops :D

http://www.volkstorque.co.uk/vt/general-chat/57754-volkstorque-v-rods-n-sods.html

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Depending on when i'm up for that. Needs to be a weekend.I could bring one of my guys from work too...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
id be up for it, though i do have a bit of a kamikazi attitude when in a go kart :D

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
corners..:beuj:....hmmm,best read up on them..

depends when,but i will be up for it..

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I would be too, but why does it have to be in the WEST Midlands, can't we have an EAST Midlands heat too, and the winners converge somewhere else...???

There is a great outdoor track near Daventry (for the 'finals') which I went on a few years back, with twin engined karts... Fast as feck...

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
the vw guys should be easy to beat? if the karts there in are as good as there cars they will spend most of there evening at the side of the track:incheek:

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Depending on when i'm up for that. Needs to be a weekend.I could bring one of my guys from work too...
I presume you would do the sprint, and let him do the roundy roundy bit:incheek:

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
ill have a go even if it is to beat our phill.

cheers ian
Got to catch me first fatty! and your suppost to be beating those muppets who keep putting there engines in the wrong places! :D

Oh and Steve i'm sorry mate but you've got to leave your skip wagon outside, i know how much you like it cause its big and makes lots of noise (and smoke) but rules is rules!

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
the vw guys should be easy to beat? if the karts there in are as good as there cars they will spend most of there evening at the side of the track:incheek:
Maybe I need to bow out now if it's getting serious. After all my competition record only runs as far as the 'Fathead Sitdown'*.

* Name copyright Kev Elliot. :finger::finger:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm really for this as long as its at the weekend and I could bring my mate who is shit hot at karting too haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts