Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Brilliant & spooky Russ........

Talking about that clip just the other night, must be 30 years since I've seen it.
Mate dug out a sounds of Le Mans LP which he recently re-claimed and I mentioned that clip to him.

Thanks for sharing it.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilliant & spooky Russ........

Talking about that clip just the other night, must be 30 years since I've seen it.
Mate dug out a sounds of Le Mans LP which he recently re-claimed and I mentioned that clip to him.

Thanks for sharing it.
Hi Goat,

Strange it went unnoticed at the time, i posted it up in November 2009.

Here is another trip down memory lane.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow, superb stuff. I love the line 'People often go in this sandbank, and have to spend ages digging themselves out.....'

And the Monaco footage - how many different camera angles? Must have taken ages to film, and many hours splicing film together in editing.

Excellent, cheers for posting :tup:

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, superb stuff. I love the line 'People often go in this sandbank, and have to spend ages digging themselves out.....'

And the Monaco footage - how many different camera angles? Must have taken ages to film, and many hours splicing film together in editing.

Excellent, cheers for posting :tup:
Hi Odgie,

I liked the Monaco footage as well rare to see it in colour, did you also notice the parked cars up the left hand side of the road and he is still giving it the full beans. Some of the slow motion stuff is brilliant, amazing the amount of understeer Fangio is getting going into the corners and oversteer on the way out.

These were the days when a racing driver really earned his money.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi Odgie,

I liked the Monaco footage as well rare to see it in colour, did you also notice the parked cars up the left hand side of the road and he is still giving it the full beans. Some of the slow motion stuff is brilliant, amazing the amount of understeer Fangio is getting going into the corners and oversteer on the way out.

These were the days when a racing driver really earned his money.

Cheers.

Russ.
Indeed! The bloody thing really didn't want to turn it at all, and then as soon as he gassed it it stepped out sideways. And all in shirt sleeves, no seat belts, and a bit of daft leather on your head......

·
Registered
790 Posts
He's a local lad from mexborough nr doncaster-theres a plaque on a shop called don valley sports and no one ever notices it...but i do....stick yer schumacers and the rest...FIRST ever F1 champ from mekkie. Makes me proud to be a yorkshireman.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts