Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Yes! It was at Watford rods but I didn't have a camera with me. Belongs to Wayne Gates from Ruislip and has been really nicely done. Good to see it in this condition now!

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
I will try to get a clearer picture next time. The light was going my camera would not focus in time. Mike. Or it may have been my EYES going.
A bad workman always blames his tools!

That's a nice clean car that '55 :smoke:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
You think he'd have replaced the worn out hood hinge springs .... :incheek:

....yes I am joking

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep to be honest how it was there without the dogleg trim on the side. I know there are loads of others out there. But Mikes as its in that picture is my favorite of all time Alex.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Yep to be honest how it was there without the dogleg trim on the side. I know there are loads of others out there. But Mikes as its in that picture is my favorite of all time Alex.
........And those vertical grill bars made it distinctive, I would never have removed them. As for my favorite, it would be a close call between Mike's, Bob's red and silver car and your 'Revived 55' which was the first one I saw on the road.
Rog.

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
blimey, i didnt realise that was mikes old car, was having a good look around it in the rain at watford rods, lovely car !

kev

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Seminal Foive-Foives for me are...

Ken's red Sport Coupe - with the slot mags, just awesome

Mikeyboys BA - Getting in that outside the Albert when I was 16 blew me away!

RGF 404 - My best memories of that were going up the Pod in it when Gary Keirville was the Custodian - Incredible!

Vinyl Lionel - Who can forget the ribbing Bob got for the roof! :D

Colin's convertible - Just was one of those cars that had it all!

I'm not sure that cars 'hit' you the same way now - I guess we all know too much these days although saying that, my 54 Caddy does still have an impact on me!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts