Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read custom car october 2003 in the review for the damn yankees at north weald a guy called phil bissett had a 1961 morrison milk float with a rover v8, jag rear and sherpa front, the reg in the picture reads milky and its running on slot mags, anyone remember this or know where it is now?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Was that the white one called 'PastYoureyes Express'? I belive there were 2 V8 milk floats about at one time.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Phil has had a lot of funky motors in his time, a short while ago he had a shortened mini.
In the 80's, he did a rolls-riley, based on a riley elf, and also once built a jago jeep, called nitro willy, all done in camoflaged matalflake, or kamo-flake. LOL
I know nowt of the milk float tho.
He used to do murals on cars, he is a tattoist now.

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Phil is still doing wild cars...... but I know nothing about a milkfloat.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Phil is still doing wild cars...... but I know nothing about a milkfloat.
Oddly enough Dave, this was the only milk float I saw, (not phils), and if I rememeber rightly, you came with my in the ALPD car.
Or was that another meet?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Has far as I remember,ray Christopher built that milk float?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Having read custom car october 2003 in the review for the damn yankees at north weald a guy called phil bissett had a 1961 morrison milk float with a rover v8, jag rear and sherpa front, the reg in the picture reads milky and its running on slot mags, anyone remember this or know where it is now?
Sounds like Dave Cassedys from Bury was with the rainy city cruisers

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
This one ??

Sorry about the small pic.

Or this.....

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
I remember it at the slam, very nice had something like ernie & the fastest milkfloat on it? It was very nice, no pics on file yet though, it is on one of my only fuel & horses dvds...NEVER SEEN IT SINCE, OR BEFORE...

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Oddly enough Dave, this was the only milk float I saw, (not phils), and if I rememeber rightly, you came with my in the ALPD car.
Or was that another meet?

I was with you on a trip to Greatstones I believe, when we were stopped by the plain brown police car........ happy days.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I was with you on a trip to Greatstones I believe, when we were stopped by the plain brown police car........ happy days.
Thats right, could not remember the name of it.
The milk float must have been Bracknell, went up following george smiff in moondust.

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Yes that sounds about right............ I think that is where I took the photo of George with a trophy.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
dave cassidy

dave cassidy (rainy city cruisers)from bolton still has his v8 milk float tucked away in his garage.come on dave it needs to be back on the road

1 - 20 of 23 Posts