Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you a
Dairy Farmer :D
Why is it called Milkcow :?::?:
Hi moosehead,

:shake: No not a dairy farmer. :pmsl:

:confused: Sorry i havn't got a clue where the name came from.

:tup: But it is the best magazine i get every month, it covers the car shows, the music scene, bit of Burlesque, tattoos, art, anything really 40s and 50s. :smoke:

Got to be good even :bla: :bla: enjoys reading it. :D

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And here was me thinking you'd forgot to sign in as LIL JOSH :lol:
Hi Si,

:incheek: You've let the cat out of the bag now :lol:

:shake: You do realise you are going to have to deal with loads of PMs regarding multiple accounts now. :pmsl:

:eek: Fair chance i could be the second one kicked off (although strictly speaking it would be the third) :D

Think i best pop out to the garage and do something constructive, otherwise this whole i am digging on here will be so deep i will never get out.:D

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've not got the latest issue but it looks good from the website, the mag gets great reviews on other forums.
I briefly spoke to and photographed (not recognising who she was) a stunning young lady at the Rhythm Riot cruise last month, the same girl is the covergirl of the 2010 Milkcow calendar.
(I've since checked out her website and know exactly who she is!):doh:

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
:confused: Sorry i havn't got a clue where the name came from.
HI Russ. There was an explanation of the name in the very first edition. It was something to do with Milkcow Blues Boogie I think.

I quite like the mag. But, in trying to cover eveything rockin', maybe it spreads itself a bit thin.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jez,

:tup: You're right about the name, I had a look in issue 1 a little while ago.

:D It is starting to fill out a bit now, they are dependant to a certain degree on people sending stuff in but as the circulation gets bigger it should only go from strength to strength. :smoke:

:shock: The mother in law got me a years subscription as part of my birthday present. :cool:

Cheers.

Russ.

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Got my first mag last month (Nov) could'nt believe how many rockabilly gigs there are round the country. Some great pics in there, my type of girly!!!!!!!1

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my first mag last month (Nov) could'nt believe how many rockabilly gigs there are round the country. Some great pics in there, my type of girly!!!!!!!1
Hi capriac,

If you want the early ones that you are missing (would be 4 of them) Danny Bedocs, who writes a few of the articles and promotes the magazine was selling them off cheap. I got the couple i was missing off him at the Buntingford car show i should have a contact number for him if you want it.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Hi capriac,

If you want the early ones that you are missing (would be 4 of them) Danny Bedocs, who writes a few of the articles and promotes the magazine was selling them off cheap. I got the couple i was missing off him at the Buntingford car show i should have a contact number for him if you want it.

Cheers.

Russ.
Hi Russ, Thanks for that, will get updates, I think my truck and rod are going to be in Jan edition (fingers crossed)Cheers Tel

·
Finally got 50's cred!!
65 Posts
Loving the pictures!

love milk cow. have got every copy. its a really well put together mag and its a good price too!

steph x

·
Registered
79 Posts
just a question so don't all jump up and down, but don't you think that Milkcow has moved away from the original idea which was fantastic and just become a mag full of half naked girls and shopping ideas? We loved the concept of a mag that would cover the whole 40s and 50s lifestyle and the first few issues were excellent but the focus seems to have slipped a bit now. Any thoughts?

·
scavengers cc
2,897 Posts
Got mine the other day, got subs as soon as i see the 1st issue, but remember guys that they have daytime jobs and do this mag in the free time they have left and in my book thats a friggin damn good mag for what time they have, and caters for everything 40s and 50s .....will i renew my subs next year......HELL YES!............TOAD:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts