Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mini tornado hundred yds from my house about 10 am this morning. Some pics felt sorry for them.:tdown:Any other pics of bad weather this weekend.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Wow! you guys darn sarf! are having it pretty bad! expected the worst up here in't North & all we've had is a bit o rain! Suns out now!

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Sky news

Ken, you should be a reporter for sky news!!!!!!! With that camera, and your memory, you'd earn a fortune mate!!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to rename Thundersley tornado alley:incheek: Tel.The Fireman and the Police done a great job.

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Thundersley sounds about right already!!

I remember the great storm of 87.

John Hockley of Hot Rod Enterprises had his workshop at Horndon then.

He was working late that night when the storm hit.

Hearing all the turmoil outside, crashing, banging, howling wind, he thought World War 3 had started, so he hid under his metal workbench.

When he came out in the morning, the whole block of workshops, apart from his, had collapsed!!!

All we got last night was a rattling letterbox flap..............

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Wow! you guys darn sarf! are having it pretty bad! expected the worst up here in't North & all we've had is a bit o rain! Suns out now!
It were about a foot deep our kid but out less and we dunna talk about it:pmsl:Jeff

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mini tornado hundred yds from my house about 10 am this morning. Some pics felt sorry for them.:tdown:Any other pics of bad weather this weekend.

Blimey Ken,

I knew the wind was a bit bad around here this morning but I did not realise it was that bad, feel sorry for those people, but I am pleased to hear your ok.
Guess I had better check my roof in the daylight tomorrow, just in case.

What road is that house in.

Rgds

Gary

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Going to rename Thundersley tornado alley:incheek: Tel.The Fireman and the Police done a great job.
Nicking the builders job eh ken? Surprising they didnt clean the windows while they were up there! (only kidding they do a great job mate)

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Unlucky, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.

I saw 2 downed trees today, one of them was on the sliproad on to the A127 which made it interesting.

When I was in Canada I saw a tornado quickly develop but it then weakened off and disappeared. This was out in the open fields so didn't do any damage

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yep i have beem cruisin' round Thundersley for 30 years at last it has had some efect on the climate:incheek: They will be banning me from the roads now. They put a security man in my road to make sure i dont go out in the Chevy.

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Yep i have beem cruisin' round Thundersley for 30 years at last it has had some efect on the climate:incheek: They will be banning me from the roads now. They put a security man in my road to make sure i dont go out in the Chevy.
looks like the start of a race to me ken, the guy driving is well into it!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
thundersley speed trials:bigsmile:
No they were held up Church Hill in the 20s not Seamore Ave. Steve:tup:Be great if anyone has info on the Speed Trails held up Church Hill Malcom Cambell took part and knock some spectators down and never return the story goes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts