Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just seen on YouTube and seen pics of it before but does anyone know if he lives in UK or not as love this car and would buy it if was for sale. It's a ratrod 64 Morris minor with a 355 Chevy in it. Called minor insanity.
this is vid I seen look like in Ireland by the banner. Or even if a member does anyone know him or the car

Cheers Phil

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks guys they always have the best ones really don't they lol. Just looking on eBay at if to buy a standard one and do it up myself. Do you know if can get a chassis made up as easy as a Ford pop one or lot more expensive as not as common as the pops.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Ok thanks guys they always have the best ones really don't they lol. Just looking on eBay at if to buy a standard one and do it up myself. Do you know if can get a chassis made up as easy as a Ford pop one or lot more expensive as not as common as the pops.
Sure ive spoken to you befor regarding chassis etc.

Whatever car you choose,if you build from scratch it will cost the same. Only difference will be the cost off the original car to start with.

If you chassis a car the work is identical for any car.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure ive spoken to you befor regarding chassis etc.

Whatever car you choose,if you build from scratch it will cost the same. Only difference will be the cost off the original car to start with.

If you chassis a car the work is identical for any car.
Hi mate yer spoke to you a while ago. Looking at a Morris minor but cars are about 2000 is that about right not really any rust just abit where will be cut out anyway to fit the big wheels as would want 15 wides Ford 9 and small Chevy or Ford v8 with th350 box. And all caged would need to do in stages as would need to save then do abit then save and so on. Not fussed about look of body work and interior as want it looking ratrod but with new underneath.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Only you can say if 2k is a good price. You will cut the floor out and bulkhead,and rear tubs.make sure everything else is solid,as restoration can get expensive very quickly.

Moggies are plentyfull.personally id start buying the parts first and worry about the car after you have the important bits.engine/box,axle wheels etc.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only you can say if 2k is a good price. You will cut the floor out and bulkhead,and rear tubs.make sure everything else is solid,as restoration can get expensive very quickly.

Moggies are plentyfull.personally id start buying the parts first and worry about the car after you have the important bits.engine/box,axle wheels etc.
Ok thanks will keep that in mind then. Need to go these swap meets and that as if want it rat looking not fussed about way things look as long as solid underneath.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
We have several Moggies in the unit, my TVr turbo's one, an old school V8 with huge rears, a 2 dr stocker that runs but needs a floor (it's got faded paint to die for if you're after that) and a 4 door that's a bit of a donkey but the plan is to build another rod out of it.

And no, I don't believe the yanks have the best Moggies :(

Or James Ayres Blown Traveller?

·
Registered
817 Posts
speadfreaks ,you dont need to spend £2000 on a minor ,90% of it will get choped out anyway as nobody says ( & he should know ) you only want the main shell,a good bonnet & doors ,the rest can be fibreglass ,you wont need floor/front & rear inner wings,boot floor,baulkhead,so if you find a shell & these are rotten it should be ok ,also look on morris minor owners club web site & also morris minor owners index for cars & ideas ,and dont forget it takes twice as long & cost twice as much if your lucky .

·
Registered
253 Posts
Check out here for all things Minor:

Morris Minor Owners :: Index page

Extreme section has the V8's, but be aware that to build one from scratch ain't cheap, plus the end car doesn't get the cash reward that is more than justified.
Buy one that is on the road, then personalise it - loads cheaper.
I've got 3 V8 minors - 2 on the road plus another waiting a makeover. A variety of engines too - LS1, Rover 3.9 and Ford 302

PO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.