Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drained the oil out of my engine as its been in the car since it came over in 2011, was nice and clean looking but now looked a bit dirty. I've only put about 600 miles on it since Importing but has had longish spells sitting in the garage during winter months or while works beeing carried out. I've put some 10W 40 Havoline (part synth) oil in for the time being as a flush so want some suggestions for best oil to use. Am considering Magnatec 5W 30 Synthetic ............. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
..Nige..

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input fella's, the reason for metioning the 5w/30 is coz I run my early nineties vortec engine on it and its got 150000 miles worn valve guides but seems pretty good. I've looked for a good couple of months at all different forums and it seems the favorite is what you both recommend ...20w/50.. :tup: Now I've got to choose mineral/synthetic, reckon I'll flip a coin or better still get a life !!!:pmsl:
..Nige..

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Nige - don't waste your money on synthetic - accept fact that £25 worth of oil is changed annually (or more frequent is you prefer) - buy mine from Burton Performance in Ilford - so on Millers website for a local to you stockist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts