Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a mk 2 double cab granada pick up for sale, some of you may have seen it over the years. I got it as i remember reading about the build up in street machine as a kid!!

Basicaly it's the shell all the panels, side glass, front suspension (powder coated) it has a complete box section chassis back to front.

The body is quite straight and solid no rot in the floors (flat) or chassis. I have the chassis number and plates it has been on the road up until about 6 months ago.

It's set up for a rover v8 and auto box and it had transit front hubs and camaro back axle with spacers on the back. It's also set up for bags!!

Don't no what it's worth? my number is 07871031429 if you want to have a chat about it, I'll post pics tomorrow but heres one of it when it's all together

cheers dan

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why oh why do great cars like this come up when im broke :sob: :incheek:
You cant be that skint? it will be cheap i need it out the way i've got my COE turning up this week so need the room!!:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've uploaded some pictures if any body wants any more just let me know but i do need it gone so if theres no intrest it will have to go scrap!!
cheers dan

·
Down but not out
3,024 Posts
come on someone needs to save this, its so differant..if i had the funds and the means to transport it would be in my garage like a shot...save it from the scrappy!!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
i have just seen this... and going to cry a bit!!! I built it and cant beleive its like this now!!! if anyone buys it and wants to know whats what i probably can help!good luck with the sale....

do you have the interior/hwheels /bags etc?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
i should say that most cars get rebuilt at some point and sometimes they have a change of plans, obviously bluedan has and I'mnot knocking him... just a shame its in bits.
Good luck with yoiur next project mate. Hopefully teh granada will live again.... if not ....it was fun to build and drive, hopefully the people that have owned it since have enjoyed their time with it as well

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yep it should be saved, I remember seeing it when it was fresh out, and we were very impressed. Mind you, I have a soft spot for Grannies, I have had 3 and the current one, we have had for 21 years 2 rebuilds, 3 engines, & 4 gearboxes! Mileage wise it has been to the moon and back, today it still tows the racecar all over the place, running a 4.6 (Rangey) Rover married to a Jag ZF 4spd auto, and by using the "intermediate front cover" it runs a carb dissy amd the serpentine belt setup with the wonderful new oil pump 35psi hot idle!
If I did not have too many projects myself i would be after transplanting my parts into this

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have just seen this... and going to cry a bit!!! I built it and cant beleive its like this now!!! if anyone buys it and wants to know whats what i probably can help!good luck with the sale....

do you have the interior/hwheels /bags etc?
Digger you done a grand job hen you built her, i'm trying to get the interior wheels etc of the guy who i got it from. He's keeping the bags for another day and the engine is going in a speed boat!!! silly man he was the one who stripped it to this, Problem is i just don't have the room to keep it as thursday my ford COE turns up.

For any body intrested i could arrange delivery at cost. Or i can lod it on to a trailer/transporter but remember this is long!!

Cheers Dan

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
for anyone considering this, and if dan cant get the interior , there was 4 standard granada front seats... so thats should be easy to fix the center consol had the air switches in, the front bags were of the shelf firestone ones that are readily available, the rear ones were heavy truck trailer ones, which may be a bit harder to find, but sure that something else can be found if they cant... it had transit dually wheels all round.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Bloody hell, sold my 4.6 rover and 4spd auto out of my Granny not long ago

1 - 20 of 21 Posts