Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

broke the lock on me glove box in a hissy fit so need another.
Don't need to lock it, just need another so it can latch shut.
If you do got one but no key then it's gotta be unlocked :pmsl:

Also front bumper irons for Consul - not sure if ZZ ones are different. :beuj:

cheers
KJ

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Howdy,

cheers
KJ
Hi Jim,

I may have a glovebox will have a look for you later, definately got a bumper but don't know if it is front or back. Any obvious differences :?: (if the number plate lights are mounted in it i should be able to work it out) :pmsl:

Cheers.

Russ.

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
hello zeph/zodi number plate lights are in the overiders , consul numberplate light is mounted on the panel that goes between the valance and the bumper ,hope this helps
regards wayne

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
hi jim i think zep/zodi front irons are longer because they both have apanel that sits between the front bumper and valance .the consuls dont have that panel .
hope this helps regards wayne

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
hello zeph/zodi number plate lights are in the overiders , consul numberplate light is mounted on the panel that goes between the valance and the bumper ,hope this helps
regards wayne
Hi Wayne,

Sorry for the delay in replying. My bumper is off the Consul so still not sure whether it's the front or the back.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Hi Jim,

Re our conversation last night, i think this may be the back bumper but i have taken a couple of pictures of the irons just in case.

If they are the ones you need for the front let me know and i will get them off for you.

Cheers.

Russ.
if this helps you its a rear bumper in the picture the front as more of a curve ,regards wayne

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: bumper irons

Hi Hepcat,

that's interesting! ;)

I'm gonna put the front valence on today to try and visualise the route of them irons. :idea:

cheers
KJ

·
Registered
479 Posts
Jim, try my mate Kev at Zodiac Motors in Erith 01322439666.

Cheers for the tips on the Saxo steering.

Pete :tup:

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Re: bumper irons

Hi Hepcat,

that's interesting! ;)

I'm gonna put the front valence on today to try and visualise the route of them irons. :idea:

cheers
KJ
hi bud give me 5 mins and i will post a front and rear picture of irons on my consul with out bumpers and you will see the front iron comes out 1 to the front and one to the side
regards wayne

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts

here you go if you look close you will see that the front valance as 2 holes where the iron splits and goes one to the front of the bumper and then almost a 90 deg bend and comes out via a hole in the side of the front valance . but the rear valance only as one hole and the rear irons both exit via this hole one iron goes the front of the bumper and the other bends to connect to the side bend of the bumper . so looking at the irons offered to you it looks like a rear to me ,hope you understand how ive written this and hope it helps regards wayne

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: MKII CZZ bumper irons

Hi Wayne,

you're spot on there by the looks of it! I have got rear ones by mistook.

I checked my ebay receipt and the b*stard said they were front irons but they clearly aint.

The pics make it clear now like you say the outer iron goes forward to miss the wheel then goes straight out thru valence hole.

Russ it does look like your irons are deffo rear ones. :cry:

I'll make a trip to the metal shop and do my own tortured metal versions using the pics as reference :pmsl:

Thank you guys so much for helping out! :tup:

cheers
KJ

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
hi kj if you want ive got my irons off the car do you want a few pics of them so you can get a better view ? its no problem
regards wayne

·
Registered
118 Posts
Howdy,

cheers
KJ
if you still need a glovebox lock ive got a spare but no key for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts