Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloooo. I have a Nokia 6230i Type-72 mobile phone and would like to know how I can get some text's I have recieved on it printed onto paper for a potential court case. Bear in mind I'm thick when it comes to anything modern and technical. :(

I'd like the text's put on to paper to put with the other paper work I already have that was printed off the internet for potential evidence, should anything like that be needed.

Thanks nicely in advance, Billy

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
You can use Nokia PC Suite software which you can download from here ... Downloads - Nokia - UK , once installed just connect you phone to your PC with the USB lead and you can drag messages out to a folder on your PC

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
If you have the leads to connect your phone to your computer, Nokia PC suite allows you to back up your TXT's to your computer. Then they can be printed off. Nokia PC suite is free and can be down loaded from tinternet. Not to brill at this stuff myself, but managed it. Good luck.

·
Nowheresville
3,064 Posts
I think I'd take a photo of the texts on screen before doing anything else. And write out the text content longhand. I don't know about Nokia's phone suite, but some phone/PC stuff seems to have a habit of synchronising the wrong way - you'd be pissed off if you accidentally deleted those texts.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Bear in mind that you will likely need to get them legally authenticated to a printed version may not suffice. I would suggest getting direct advice from a solicitor or the police as to exactly how they'd require it. They may well be able to write and certify a transcript for you.

Also, you say that there's printed stuff off the net. These may have the same requirements applied and need authentication from the sites admin/owner. I have had to give police statements to authenticate content from here in the past.

Anything digitally stored is so easily manipulated :tdown:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you to all the replies, much appreciated as always. I tried taking a photo of the screen but to no avail. I have forwarded the txt's on to someone else's phone as a sort of 'safety' copy. The download deal is I think the path I'm heading down, with the help of a couple of people who are good at that kinda stuff but the links I have from you folks are great.
Thanks again for your help and advice. Billy.

·
Nowheresville
3,064 Posts
Another thought: don't suppose you have email on your phone? I've forwarded texts by email to my PC in the past, but it's a tedious exercise (at least it is with Windose on an HTC).

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi JG and no I haven't but, someone has kindly got my texts off my mobile and on to paper now and also put them on a CD for me too so, all sorted now. Thanks for the help folks. :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts