Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep its in chat not in rants

I know theres a lot of you out there been done for it but i was wondering if CB's fell into the same catorgory :?:

And how many of you lot out there still have n use them :?:

Thinking about fitting 1 just for cruise/show use :tup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dont think they come under the mobile phone regs, however they will still do you for driving without due care and attention, we've all heard the stories about people being done whilst eating at the wheel, its the same thing, both hands should be on the wheel unless changing gear;)

·
Supercharged 461 cu in
1,407 Posts
copy copy
anyone driving around thinking that they are starsky and hutch or the dukes of hazzard should be shot not just nicked. CB ....thats so yesterday.

and yes thats a big 10-4 its the same as having a carphone wired in to the car. you are still bein distracted from driving, so you are in breach of the road traffic act good buddy. so keep your eyes on the road, and make sure you have strapped your load and we're clear :incheek:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Breaker 1-9 i need help my exhaust gaskets are on fire :!:.......... How the hell did you get here so fast :pmsl:

Or

I cant hear my car not starting due to that thing behind me ........... ill turn the consul off then m8 :pmsl:

Or .....................

But i wont go on cos i know my car was and still is un reliable ...... but im still enjoying it

And im just going to quote a post i saw the other day "Beep Beep"
(i know how that nash feels )

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
i've never got this!
"Dont think they come under the mobile phone regs, however they will still do you for driving without due care and attention, we've all heard the stories about people being done whilst eating at the wheel, its the same thing, both hands should be on the wheel unless changing gear"

the biggest distraction to a driver of a car has to be its passangers! espeecialy young children, screeming kids strapped in the back seats of cars have got to be much worse that a pieace of plastic held in your hand... but you dont see them banning them! as i said i never understand it

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I totally agree sqweaka. Its just another law made for the sake of it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wait until you pick up crashes caused by some knob talking on the phone, and not noticing both lanes have stopped at a red light. Made no effort to stop until he hit the first car. 5 in total involved; was going fast enough to smash the steering rack on the Sprinter he was driving. At least it wasn't on the motorway or anywhere else that he would have been going fast!

See them all the time. Last one happened to me; the dozy tart was pulling out of a side turning,holding the phone with one hand, changing gear with other and (possibly) steering with her knees. Didn't even look and seemed shocked that I just managed to miss her. And I know what 4.5 tonnes of lorry in the side of a car does!

I don't think the law is strong enough! The police can already confiscate cars for no tax/insurance etc; I reckon that they should be able to immediatelydestroy the PHONE of anyone they find talking on the bloody thing whilst driving.

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Vince,

Pretty sure that the law allows the use of two way radios whilst a vehicle is in motion.

Put in place so that the plod etc can communicate without being arrested by a citizen....

CB falls into this category.

P.

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
i'm not saying that what you have said is wrong and i know mobiles do cause crashes but so do other distractions... distractions that have been apart of driving a lot longer than mobile phones!
i myself ran into the back of a car that had stopped at roadworks on the A1! we were returning from hospital with my son, he had started a coffing fit in the car and i guess i was abit sleep deprived been up all night with him. but i took my eyes of the road to see to him and bam. lucky enough no one was injured, but had he not started coffing at that time, i probbaly would'nt have crashed!

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Vince,

Pretty sure that the law allows the use of two way radios whilst a vehicle is in motion.

Put in place so that the plod etc can communicate without being arrested by a citizen....

P.
Hi Paul Y,

Correct, same applies for ambulance, fire engine, taxi, minicabs, waterboard etc etc, although all can still be done for driving without due care, dangerous driving etc (as mobile phones used to be) the difference here is it is not a fixed penalty so is not a good source of revenue, (which mobile phones now are).

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vince,

P.
Paul, the only downside to this is the police have laws just for them as we all know :tdown:

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Suppose cause you hand is on the mic, then you wont be in full control of the car really is the way poilce would see it. I do know you dont need a license for a CB anymore. Yeah im sad, ive got one in my offroad disco, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts