Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beuj: HAVE ANY OF YOU OLD BOY'S OR GIRLS GOT A TOWBAR ON YOUR MODEL A COUPE IF SO HOW HAVE YOU DONE, I CAN'T SEE WHAT TO DO:shake: IF I USE 50 MM BOX I THINK THE HALIBRAND COVER WILL HIT IT WHITH THE SUSPENSION TRAVEL. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED.:pmsl:

·
Registered
296 Posts
:beuj: HAVE ANY OF YOU OLD BOY'S OR GIRLS GOT A TOWBAR ON YOUR MODEL A COUPE IF SO HOW HAVE YOU DONE, I CAN'T SEE WHAT TO DO:shake: IF I USE 50 MM BOX I THINK THE HALIBRAND COVER WILL HIT IT WHITH THE SUSPENSION TRAVEL. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED.:pmsl:
I fitted one to my Model A sedan a few years ago, my mate made a box section that bolted on to the chassis then a secondry piece that was removeable that the ball fixed to, just remember that a tow bar comes into the MOT now and has to be vehicle specific so make it so it comes off completly

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,362 Posts
just remember that a tow bar comes into the MOT now and has to be vehicle specific so make it so it comes off completly
Post August 1998 vehicles are covered by TA regs for towbars, so the towbar must display the relevant markings. Pre-August 1998 vehicles are exempt so the towbar is only checked for condition and security of mountings etc.

IMO a removable towbar on a rod looks much better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts