Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sad story mate, I hate these things going on. My old granddad told me to "never pay someone to do what you can, at least try to do". Lucky enough I have the time, space and patience to do just that. Glad it's coming together now OK, I think it's in good hands there. As for racing on the sand at Pendine, GO DO IT. I did it in 2016 and 2017 and they were the 2 best weekends I've spent in the car. Can't wait to get back there.
Good luck, Ron.

·
Registered
543 Posts
His reputation is nearly as bad as mine. :D[/QUOTE]

You know you're good at what you do when you can take the piss out of yourself.
Good luck, Ron.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
nobody ... Nail on head :bah:

55Z ... Well yer grandad does have a point ... and I'm the only one I trust to work on my bikes. my passion is building engines, then I reconstruct the rest to go with it... currently im on with a CB250K4 that was rescued from a skip.... and was essentially junk.... hardest bit to find was a decent cam and followers ..and typically I ended up getting one from some old giffer who had a draw full in his shed, cos he races CB350's and to hop em up they use 250 heads and re-profile the cams...anyhow it's coming along OK now...mebe I'll do a few pics.

Yup Pendine is on the cards... I've been to Bonneville and El Mirage and back in the 80's I sprinted my Zed at the Pod and Ramsey.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
while I'm waiting on the Model A ..... I've been busy doing this .... I'll stick up another post in the Garage just for the 'Onda .... cos when its finished it'll be for sale, I need the cash to go to the Hot Rod build.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Latest progress.
Body is in primer ....paint is on its way

Chassis build up - axles on & Engine IN

Still a long way to go ...cos the last bits take lots of time ...... but it looking a lot better than when it started

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Well More progress .... despite 2020 being a very odd year for everyone. I'd say I'm one of the lucky ones, cos I still have a job. And I'm spending my spare on work to get this finished, so a big thumbs up to Jim, Julie and their crew for sticking in and still producing quality.
I was hoping it would be a nice Christmas present, but don't think I'll be allowed to make the 800 mile round trip this year with all these restrictions :sniff: .... Lets hope Jan 2021 has some decent weather for a run down :tup:

Filler cap connected to the fuel tank

CAD ...cardbord aided design

Dash layout

Switches out of the way

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
When Penguin started and featured there shop car as built by Home Grown Hot Rods not themselves you have to raise an eyebrow......

Some tell everyone what they can do and others Jim at Royal Customs, Nobody etc Just get on with it and turn out top class work

Looking great and well done with sticking at it

:tup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Oh I am massively well chuffed with how its turning out.... and yes it is getting closer all the time, but this year is a wipeout any way, so although its taken a lot longer, I'm OK with it...... and like most things Its the little bits that take time and they do start to add up just a tad.
Fortunately I'm still on track.... But I am definitely gonna have to sell something now.

Anyway since Pendine 2020 never happened ..... Roll on Pendine 2021 , Race The Waves and anywhere else I can manage :tup:

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
Spot on work there..well done.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Lovely work, the colour is fantastic.
It's bad that there are people out there that can roll from company name to company name effectively stealing peoples money with no real repurcussions.
Looks like you have the real deal helping now, cant wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Well its on the road.... not quite finished,,, but it needs a few shakedown runs to make sure its all workin and laid out how I want it. .... Can't thank the folk at Royal Kustoms enough for their efforts and attention to detail (y) I've also finished the little 'Onda that if I can also build a trailer means I can take that along too.

Things still to do ...
wait for the bonnet/side to arrive from America,
Swap rear tyres for slightly skinnier ones, cos odd times they touch the body
Find someone to upholster the front seats
door cards etc

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Great job , i'll bet your chuffed with that, you just need to get out and enjoy it now......

21 - 40 of 42 Posts