Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we could kick off a swapsy post for bits we want for the build off ?

I'll kick it off ?

I'm after a pair of fenders for a Revel 32 Coupe, and a tri carb set up what you got ?

To swap I've got engine bits, wheels, tyres, few body parts, let me know ?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
ive got fenders for you sunshine, PM me your address over - you built that malibu wagon yet ???

cheers
si

·
Paint it or Lose it
737 Posts
bit of a long shot but has anyone got a 1/25 34 ford roadster body and the inner wings that bridge between the cowl and the grill shell?

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you don't need it mate, using the longer section roof off another kit is the wrong kind of chop for a 36. It'll make it look squat. You want to lay the rear window down. To do this scribe and cut out the rear window framed section of the side windows, cut the roof section across the crown and the rear deck, then lay it down to match however much you take out of the front pillars. Quite a complex chop but worth doing right. Put the guttering and window mouldings back in with strip styrene strip.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
wb54 is was thinking of doing that. wasnt sure if it would look right.
thanks for the insight. ill most likely shave the guttering :)

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope, :incheek:

I'll post some pics of the chop I've done on a 40 Ford Coupe following the article, much easier explanation if i highlight the cuts. iIt's a scale 2 in chop in the front and laid down rear screen. will post em tomorrow night as I'm out boozing tonight.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

here the chop i did on a 40 Coupe.

Basically, scribe round the drip rails, chop the A pillars staggered ie doors and frame staggered, cut about 5 mm forward of the boot line, and across the roof. I've removed about 4mm which is about a 2in chop. The rear section gets laid down. the rear window section gets pie sliced in the corner and re-attached. The roof will need filling as the shape is lost unless you cut before the compound curve,but if you're careful with the cuts, you shouldn't need to add any other filler.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Seeing that chop top pick reminded me of a chopped and sectioned one biult by Terry Ross:smoke:

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sneak peek

chopped top and raked rear screen, sectioned a scale 6in, channelled, pancaked hood, fade away fender skirts, doors and trunk cut open and hinged, molded and smoothed running boards. mods to go are some custom side trim, grille, bumpers and rear lights, hope you like it :tup:

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts

chopped top and raked rear screen, sectioned a scale 6in, channelled, pancaked hood, fade away fender skirts, doors and trunk cut open and hinged, molded and smoothed running boards. mods to go are some custom side trim, grille, bumpers and rear lights, hope you like it :tup:
pro mod phil??.....:smoke:

·
Paint it or Lose it
737 Posts
still after a 1/25 34 roadster and the front fenderwells i know that revell did a 34 roadster kit i would consider buying the whole lot if someones got it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts