Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any model shops about:?:eek:r do most people get them on line ie E-bay shops etc.
I havent bought a kit for some years-(got into diecast collecting)
All the shops i used to go to have all gone some years ago now-Lamberts at Ilford-Searls at Hornchurch etc

·
70's Cresta,not the drink
1,265 Posts
We have SUSSEX MODEL CENTRE here in Worthing, they have a few car kits but they are charging between £18 and £23 a kit(e-bay can be cheaper). They mainly deal in radio control.
Then theres LSA MODELS in Hove, East Sussex, they also have a handful of car kits but they mainly deal in military and aircraft.
Theres MODELZONE in Brighton, East Sussex, again not many car kits, mainly large scale die-cast.
Its a shame, we had 2 or 3 really good REAL model shops here in Worthing but they have long gone.
In the words of James May, Computers have taken away the childhood.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
model shops

you got norwood juntion models in portland road south norwood, or kit crazy bexleyheath broadway, both have car kits, or model zone blue water darford:smoke:

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cheers for the info guys:tup:
One time you could get em everywhere in other shops-toy shops-Richardsons push bike shops-Keddies-Owen and Wallis Sarfend:shake::bigsmile:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Cheers Rick,
|Just when I'd decided to put my wallet away because I couldn't find what I wanted... :D:D

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then theres LSA MODELS in Hove, East Sussex, they also have a handful of car kits but they mainly deal in military and aircraft.
In the words of James May, Computers have taken away the childhood.
Ive seen a slot car track/shop in Hove just off the seafront bout two years ago..but it was shut-it was in the evening though:)Dont no if it sold kits :?:

Computers/childhood
Thinking about it when i was about 16/17(left school in 81) 5 outa 7 mates used to biuld model kits and there was even some biult by someone else:?: on display at a open evening at the school-one was the Monogram VW van with the V8 in the back what they done..funny wot you remember:happy:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
The funny thing si that before this all started I'd hung up my glues and x-Acto knife...
Now i've got a 31 Willys Gasser coming and the Mustang...

Now... Anyone know where I can get the Henry J gasser kit?
Or the Salty Dog Studebaker - The one with the twin blowers?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
ebay

The funny thing si that before this all started I'd hung up my glues and x-Acto knife...
Now i've got a 31 Willys Gasser coming and the Mustang...

Now... Anyone know where I can get the Henry J gasser kit?
Or the Salty Dog Studebaker - The one with the twin blowers?
thats gonner be a search on ebay every day till you find it, i have seen them on their and there not cheep.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used to go to the Cabin Rick but after he went i havnt brought a model since :tdown:
Bit like me
It used to be great going round the model shops seeing shelfs n shelfs of kits:shake:
Me and a mate sometimews used to buy the same kit or similer then after a few weeks(or a week for me mate)see what the other one was biulding:)

I learnt alot about differant makes of cars through kits:tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Ive seen a slot car track/shop in Hove just off the seafront bout two years ago..but it was shut-it was in the evening though:)Dont no if it sold kits :?:

Computers/childhood
Thinking about it when i was about 16/17(left school in 81) 5 outa 7 mates used to biuld model kits and there was even some biult by someone else:?: on display at a open evening at the school-one was the Monogram VW van with the V8 in the back what they done..funny wot you remember:happy:
hi,
it's in the same road,but about half a mile north from the sea on the right hand side before a railway bridge.
ta rik :smoke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts