Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anybody have any info on this Ford Model Y? reg NSV984
when and where it was built etc

the photo was originally posted on the NSRA forum in about 2007 by user name hershamhotrodder
cheers Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mopar, sadly its the model Y at the bottom of the photo I'm interested in, the Black one with white bonnet.
thanks anyway, its a very interesting thread!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeh i know you have had it for far too long and before you colin wills who bought it from poole and i drove it home that takes us back about 10 years if not more,,,the other one was for sale at doug hacking motorcycles for big money..:tup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello matey!
I have had it a long time now , 11 yrs!
Its in bits at the mo, getting a little revamp, it was about time really!!
look forward to seeing you and goldrush at a show or 2 later in the yr!

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
cheers mopar, sadly its the model y at the bottom of the photo i'm interested in, the black one with white bonnet.
Thanks anyway, its a very interesting thread!
bugger...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, just to clairify, are you saying the Black "Y" reg no NSV984 was taken at the 1985 Slyfield Green wheels day?
Does anyone know who owned it the or who might have built it originally??
thanks again Steve

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
Thanks for the info, just to clairify, are you saying the Black "Y" reg no NSV984 was taken at the 1985 Slyfield Green wheels day?
Does anyone know who owned it the or who might have built it originally??
thanks again Steve
yep deffo Slyfield '85.. that was the first show I took my Y along to and I remember chatting to the guy with the black Y there but don't remember his name...

SLYFIELD 1985

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info

It is really good to know it has lasted so well, It was sprayed yellow 15ish yrs ago then had the purple flames put on by the owner previous to me, I am in the process of getting it refurbish at the mo..... photos to follow!
But I can say it was done well originally, all brazed and then leaded, before the filler was applied!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts