Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wasn't going to sell the rod but I have a craving for a truck must be pre 1960 (prefer modified but try me)
The Model Y was rodded back in the 70's or 80's and has been seen in various colours over the years, I bought it last September and I have made a few changes since then. It has a 3500 V8 with chrome chevy rocker covers, holley carb with new Moroso air filter, headers, auto box, holley fuel pump and fuel regulator, jag back axle, adjustable wishbone front end with coilovers all round. Body has a nice roof chop and is in fair condition would benefit with a spray job if you wanted to show it, I just enjoy driving it like it is. The interior is all there but again needs a bit of tidying if you want to show it. It all steel with a purpose built box chassis. It has a new set of white faced gauges fitted
I will include the Model A lights shown in picture 2 but I didn't like them on there. Value around £7500 (agreed insurance value of £11000)

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't spose your interested in swapping for a custom Harley?,.best wishes regardless ..steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oy Steve you really are back mate arnt you!
Told dan you wouldn't stay away too long old farts never die they just go a bit slower. Rudrod!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ok will do,but cannot do it till tomro,I don't think I've got any on my iPad ?,unless you don't mind seeing my girlfriend sitting on it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I would like to see your girlfriend on it as long as its safe to do so, don't want you getting in trouble with the missus.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've emailed some pics ,let me know ?

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

To late for that the Missus found out ages ago,he.he

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wasn't going to sell the rod but I have a craving for a truck must be pre 1960 (prefer modified but try me)
The Model Y was rodded back in the 70's or 80's and has been seen in various colours over the years, I bought it last September and I have made a few changes since then. It has a 3500 V8 with chrome chevy rocker covers, holley carb with new Moroso air filter, headers, auto box, holley fuel pump and fuel regulator, jag back axle, adjustable wishbone front end with coilovers all round. Body has a nice roof chop and is in fair condition would benefit with a spray job if you wanted to show it, I just enjoy driving it like it is. The interior is all there but again needs a bit of tidying if you want to show it. It all steel with a purpose built box chassis.
I will include the Model A lights shown in picture 2 but I didn't like them on there. Value around £7500 (agreed insurance value of £11000)

could i ask what changes you have done on the Y? I was looking at buying it when it was for sale a year or so ago. Also would you sell the lights separately?
Cheers

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since I bought it in September I have:
fitted the chevy rocker covers with adaptor plates
Fitted a new air filter
re-mounted the rear shocks (stronger and slightly lower)
stripped out the steering and re-mounted it with one less knuckle joint thus straightening the steering wheel and stopped the mount from flexing on the chassis
took off the gear linkage as it worked backwards and park didn't work, all working properly now
added strengthening bars to the fenders/running boards as they were flexing
changed the back lights
changed the indicators
removed the towbar
fitted parcel shelf
fitted roof liner board
changed steering wheel and adaptor
replaced bottom hinge on the drivers door (wrong side fitted causing door to drop)
moved the alternator and remounted it correctly with new brackets
I am in the middle of re-routing the handbrake cable to make it more efficient

1 - 19 of 19 Posts