Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When the PT cruiser was first produced i thought ............. WOW retro build production car ........short lived wow for me

Now theres all the old model's being retro built Camaro, Challenger so on and so on

Now big bro poped in and said about a rodded pick up he saw local and hadnt seen one b4 ............It was Chevys SSR then while searching we came across this and i like............... but will these be the same as the PT's And is this a bolt on kit they do like all the different ones for the PT's

Post your pics for comparrison :tup:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
THATS MR TATFINK TO YOU
961 Posts
a fella who works for me had no intrest in cars what so ever ,when his car failed the mot ,he asked me for advice ,what car should he buy considering insurance ,petrol consumption etc ,cut to the chase ,he got a pt cruiser
then came a new set of wheels, pinstriping,5 hot rod shows and pt owners meet this year , he now reads my mags at work ,and is craving a real rod now even talk of a garage....so they cant be so bad ..eh

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I'm not critising the SSR as a vehicle in it's own right, but I'm not really sure if I see the point in it. Most of the potential customers would be hot rodders, but for the price of it - about 30k new, around 20k now you could get quite a decent real rod. I could be missing the point though. I would have prefered if Chevrolet had buit a modern interpretation of the Elcamino instead.
Must say the custom version with the early bodypanels is a vast improvement.
I do like the new Camaro though which is the best looking one since the 70s.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just found this

The latest Buick is the Allure, which is currently being sold in Canadian locations only. There are also other newer models launched by Buick.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
for me the holden ??? cant rmember the name?

efergy?:shake:... dont sound right does it?:pmsl:

off to find a pic.

Sid.

here it is, i know its only a concept but that would sell like hot cakes..:smoke:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for me the holden ??? cant rmember the name?

efergy?:shake:... dont sound right does it?:pmsl:

off to find a pic.

Sid.
Yep your rite Sid the Efijy another modern car with old lines :tup:

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
that truck works...:happy:

go on tell me its an old one?.......

Sid.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
for me the holden ??? cant remember the name?
here it is, i know its only a concept but that would sell like hot cakes..:smoke:

:shock: Wow! Its too much to hope that they would ever produce that.
I like the modern muscle cars (inc the Mustang).

·
Never confused
1,323 Posts
So.............
Lepu finally made it big on the other side of the pond.
Or at least I assume thats who Chevrolet employed to build those " joke " Lepu special rear arches.

I saw one last week in silver & gawped at it with my mouth wide open.
Luckily the driver didnt clock me doing it as he may have thought I was struck speechless with his coolness in car choice.
Err no.........

Sorry but that is fucking god awfull.

The production version of " The Gangster Car " !!!

The PT Cruiser may be a bit laughable but........
This has been designed by a 5 year old.

I am a fan of Retro but this really does take the piss :incheek:

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Those new Trans Am's look cool, body kits for '10 Camaro's already ? :eek: I read about the bull nose, but didnt realise they had produced one.

As for the PT's, SSR's ect . . .you can make an old car look new, but trying to make a new car look old ? :tdown: Nah, dont work for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.