Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to know what if any mods are allowed to the monocoque shell under BIVA. Are sunroofs allowed? What about de seaming a Mini? And (the reason I'm asking) cutting a gear lever aperture where the car was previously column change?
Are these sort of modifications allowed?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,143 Posts
All questions ACE asked of VOSA tech way back when. Sunroofs allowed ( unless the manufacturer says otherwise) as they are normally unstressed skins. Deseaming was never answered outright but seam welding of bodies was allowable and strength being increased . Sensible size hole n trans tunnel , with previous one being replated is not an issue. The Hole 'spreading ' until it's the trans tunnel is ;)

There are many mods that we've spoken about with them that they are loathe to write down as somebody will always push it further than sensible :(

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Surely under BIVA any mod is allowed?

To keep inside 8 points is the issue, and so not undertaking BIVA.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,143 Posts
Sorry, made the presumption that the question was asking what was allowable BEFORE it needed BIVA ( IF EXAMINED BY THOSE IN THE KNOW AT ANY POINT FOR ANY REASON ;) )

Under BIVA you can do what you want as long as it's done in a manner within laid down rules

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, made the presumption that the question was asking what was allowable BEFORE it needed BIVA ( IF EXAMINED BY THOSE IN THE KNOW AT ANY POINT FOR ANY REASON ;) )

Under BIVA you can do what you want as long as it's done in a manner within laid down rules
Cheers Kapri/HeavyChevy, that's what I meant (I should have titled the thread "before BIVA")

1 - 5 of 5 Posts