Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here use or ever tried to use die-cast cars to modify as I have tried a couple of times and they aint magnificent but I'm happy as I am new to modelling, any tips appreciated:tup:

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
cool ! :tup: what scale are they??
a few of us on here have modded die casts, pretty much the same as the plastic kits for working on , but a bit stronger bodywork..lol!

·
Registered
198 Posts
woah, those 3 are pretty awesome, im into my diecasts but i prefer to hot rod them up rather than weather them, yours look pretty awesome tho, if you ever have trouble just drop me a line and ill try to help

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
nice love the junk and weather'd looks of builds because there is so mutch more in the creation of it 10/10 love it buddy well done...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dont know if its relevent to the stuff you do, but iv done quite a bit of modifieing 1.64th scale die cast. In that scale i detail the cars using a lot of bits from 1.72 scale kits of army vehicles, ie axles seats steering wheels etc. I would say the best advantege with die cast over kits is the body can take any type of paint without picling up.
This is a pic of a duece i did from an old Hot wheels roadster with a (not that good) scratch built roof in platicard, & scratch built engine.
If your not confident with scratch building parts to detail your die casts, i would sugest going for cars were you know you can get parts for it, for example i have a 1.16 model A pickup & if i ever get round to it, im going to rod it using parts rescued from a dameged 1.16th Graffitti coupe. However the ones youv posted here are top stuff allready!.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts