Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so its 40 years ago,,,so what do you think,,,did they or didnt they????
i think nay as i asked the official (several times)standing by the s5 rocket at cape canaveral where the moon buggy went in the rocket and he would not answer me,,,kept saying the imfomation is on the walls all around the building,i couldent find it ,so i asked another,,same blank answer,,

·
Registered
602 Posts
thats a bit of a toughy mate, i have seen several progams that seem to point to the 'no' & several to suggest yes.
the one picture that to me suggests that they may not have is where they have the flag, it appears to be ' blowing in the wind '
if there is zero atmophere, then surely this wouldn't have that effect
but then they have a collection of bits of ' moon rock ' so that suggests that someone had to go there to collect it......
so god knows...

·
Registered
355 Posts
so its 40 years ago,,,so what do you think,,,did they or didnt they????
i think nay as i asked the official (several times)standing by the s5 rocket at cape canaveral where the moon buggy went in the rocket and he would not answer me,,,kept saying the imfomation is on the walls all around the building,i couldent find it ,so i asked another,,same blank answer,,
It was supposed to be stuck on the side.

·
Banned
489 Posts
I think they set it up to look like they went to piss of the Russians, I'm sure they finally went later but i don't believe the first excursion is true.

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
The big problem with the conspiracy theory seems to be the number of people involved. Not just the astronauts but the entire staff at mission control, the monitoring from Jodrell Bank here in the UK, that Australian dish set up to receive the voice communication and God knows how many other tracking devices worldwide. If they hadn't got there and the film was being beamed from the Mojave Desert would the Kremlin have held its silence for forty years?

·
Paint it or Lose it
737 Posts
i dont think the actual event that was show on tv was real
but i think they went up

but they struggle to show events live on tv nowadays let alone 100s of miles in the air and record it live that i think is bollox tbh

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i dont believe they did - the space suits they wore would never have given them the protection needed from the cold or heat come to that.

as someone else mentioned where did they put the moon buggies when getting there? stuck on the side? i think not :)

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
i dont think so. :tdown:

If it was achievable 40 years ago, why havn't they been going back on regular occassions since then? It must be much easier now with the advancement of technology.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Anyone else would have happy with having a walk round when they landed - only the Yanks would strap a bloody car to the side just so they could drive about when they got there... Has to be true then... ;)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
when you watch that piece of vide of them undoing the lunar rover why does everything fall back to 'earth'?

the guy wouldnt need to climb the ladder to get up to it, surely he would float up?

why did they have to lift it down? wouldnt it float?

when theyre driving about all the dust/dirt falls back down? wouldnt it float on the moon?

how did they manage to hold the lunar down when driving it about?

what kind of rubber tyres did they have back then so when it was strapped to the side of a rocket the tyres survived going thhough the earths atmosphere when the new space shuttle needs tiles that cost $3m each? remember to date NASA have spent $25m trudying thermal protection methods - maybe they just should have asked firestone what they used back in the sixties... :shake:

went to the moon? the only way they went to the moon is when they took so much LSD they didnt know what planet they were on ;) :smoke:

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
The thing with conspiracy theories is this.

Someone somewhere knows the truth. And they in turn would have told their wife. Who would have told their hair dresser, who would have told old Mrs Smythe, who would have told Mr Smythe, who would have told Harold at the golf club, who would have told......

They went. They didn't expect to come back. And that is the difference between the old world full of excitement and opportunity. Of devil may care attitudes of proper adventure.

In the 60's they didn't have health and safety.....

P.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok i just watched the video of em undoing the buggy,quite beliveable,but who was operating the zoom on the camara???????,as i remember the tyres on the buggy were pretty big,would they not have exploded going though the earths atmospere???and how did they get from the capsuale(spelling??) to the landing craft

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
when you watch that piece of vide of them undoing the lunar rover why does everything fall back to 'earth'?

moon has gravity too :D

the guy wouldnt need to climb the ladder to get up to it, surely he would float up?

see above :D

why did they have to lift it down? wouldnt it float?

when theyre driving about all the dust/dirt falls back down? wouldnt it float on the moon?

how did they manage to hold the lunar down when driving it about?

what kind of rubber tyres did they have back then so when it was strapped to the side of a rocket the tyres survived going thhough the earths atmosphere when the new space shuttle needs tiles that cost $3m each? remember to date NASA have spent $25m trudying thermal protection methods - maybe they just should have asked firestone what they used back in the sixties... :shake:

it had steel mesh tires since rubbers would blow up cause of no atmosphere. going up gives not much heat so no problems there, problem is re-entry, that gives the heat, the rover was left on moon :bigsmile:

went to the moon? the only way they went to the moon is when they took so much LSD they didnt know what planet they were on ;) :smoke:
i still think they went up there, to much ppl followed it back than. dont think they could fake the signals of radio, nor could that fake something that could be seen flying to moon.
pascal

1 - 20 of 65 Posts