Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. I joined the site in May 2010 and its taken me this long to get some old photos out and find out how to work the scanner. I have had three cars over the years. The first was a Rays Rods C-Cab (KGC 346N) finished in green metalflake. Built in 1974 and sold in 1976. The show picture was taken in 1976 at Woburn Abbey at a show organised by the Sunday People newspaper.

The second car was a black Pop (SXP 871) built in 1984 and sold in 1992. This had a Jago chassis, 3l v6 engine and box, Vitesse front suspension and an MGB back axle. I last saw this car in 1999 at the Hatton Park show in Warwickshire.

The last car is the Pilot (KFJ 434) which was built by Burnham Autos and bought by me in 1997 from a guy in Doncaster. It had a Chevy 283 engine and Th350 box. I swapped the original front suspension and Rover back axle for XJ6 running gear while I had it and then sold it on in 2000. I've not seen it since.

If anybody knows where any of these cars ended up I'd love to know.

PS I'm not so sure I've got the hang of this image hosting business yet!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Russ,
That's a good pic of the pop. It was probably taken in 1992 by somebody at the Street Machine 'Lazy Sunday' show at the Hickstead showground in Sussex when I was trying to sell it. I sold it just after to a guy in Brighton, I think. so it may have been him. That's a real interesting Pop gallery on the site. I didn't know there were so many about.
Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts