Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a bit of a lurker rather than a poster on here for a while now but I thought I would start a thread on my own current car. This has been a round three years in the making and has now been on the road for the last few months.

The car started out as a very neglected traveller shell, with no wood, no engine or gearbox, no interior, well nothing really apart from the rolling shell. Since then I have turned it into a unique panel van by fabricating the entire rear end from the B posts back in steel. I have also let in a split screen roof section and an early steel dash board. Lots of body work followed and eventually a fresh coat of old English white topped off with a healthy dose of red metal flake on the roof. The running gear has been suitably upgraded to match the new exterior. The engine bay is now home to the old morris minor favourite, the 2.0 fiat twin cam engine and box.

I'm pretty happy with the finished product and have been putting a few miles on it and enjoying it in the good weather.

Hope you like what I've done with the car and I will put up some photos of the build when I get the chance. I'm not the best with computers so they appear when I can manage to find some spare time.

Cheers Barry

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
superb panel van, saw it briefly at the Phantoms do in Stirling last week, wish I'd had more time to have a better look at more of the vehicles, and this one especially.:tup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I will have to have a look for the memory cards that have the build up photos on them and get them posted but as I said that may take a bit of time with my computer skills.

·
Registered
602 Posts
well done on a really nice moggy wfb, love the colour choice and the way it looks, some nice subtle mods but looks great, look forward to the build up pics , steve

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Very nice conversion barry, i like the swage detail on the rear panels it really ties the rear in great work
woz

·
Registered
773 Posts
Cars a credit to your work and skill mate ,another great wee rod on the road ,,loads of neat touches .Cant wait to see it out on the road after seeing it being built .Andy

·
My cars r my family
273 Posts
What a neat moggy ...it's one of the few Brit classics I never get around to owning sadly

I love what you've done to it and I'm sure the purists hate it, lol ... but it is a another classic that has been saved and tastefully made nice ...

As they say ... if we were all the same, what a boring world it would be ...good luck

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
That is one neat panel van! I love the shape to the back end, very unique and makes it stand out in a crowd, well done.

Micky T.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the great response to my wee van. It has taken a while to get to this point but I am really happy with how it has turned out and I'm its really nice that so many of you have liked it too and had so many good things to say about it. I have had several requests for more pictures which I have now managed to get off of my phone and on to photobucket. The quality varies a bit but they are all I have.

Some interior shots to start.

Not quite finished in these two pictures but you get the Idea of where it's going.

Some metal flake and pin striping.

Thats just about it for this update. I have found the memory card that has the photos of the later part of the build but have still to find the one that has the start but will keep looking for it. Pictures of building the rear end of the van, paint, trim and final assembly to come as soon as I can get them up loaded to photobucket and then on here.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
I like that the same amount of effort that went into the exterior has also gone into the interior, and it's nice to see Fuchs on something other than a Volkswagen or Porsche. Lovely.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts