Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay it's not strictly rod related but I reckon it could be an interesting day out when motor racing returns to South London's Crystal Palace Park.

www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk

·
1,143 Posts
thanks for that ... on me doorstep so I'll be there. The Sat before Chelsea 35 year anniversary - a cracking weekend, grommet!

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if there'll be parking for other type of vehicles to attend
Why not drop the organisers a line and find out?

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
I am bang up for it!

P.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Why not drop the organisers a line and find out?
Now i have a problem, as you may of seen in the past im not that good with writing letters oe emails but i gave it a go

Hi All

I was wondering if there will be an area for members of the public to display their vehicles as well

I belong to one of the biggest and fastest growing forums with well over 1000 members from all over the World which caters for all motor vehicles and I know that there a few members that have been wondering if we could bring our cars along

Please see the attached link from the forum

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=111513#post111513

Also just for some information did you know that your event falls on the same weekend and the 35Th anniversary of the Chelsea cruise which is on the Saturday night so there may be even more vehicles around on that weekend and i know that some of the magazines have been made aware of the cruise event

I would be really nice to hear back from you soon so that i could let all these people know and get more people involved or please feel free to join up to the forum and promote your own club and events

Regards

Vince
Well within 5 mins i had a reply

Hi Vince

You've just made me feel very old as I remember going to those very first cruises at Chelsea, oh happy days.

I have copied this to Jason and Shelly who are organising the exhibition element of the event and I'm sure they'll be in contact shortly.

Best regards

Colin

Colin B
CB
Trading Limited

(Personal details removed)
E: [email protected]
I hope to hear soon and will keep you all informed :tup:

(And told ya i was no good at that sort of thing)

·
Registered
520 Posts
crystal palace

:p have a program from september 23rd 1972 daily mirror historic car race meet , with farwell to chrystal pallace . price was 20p. think it must be from the last race there .:lol:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Hi Vince

Its Jason and Shelly from the Dutch House, we are the static display coordinators for the event up at the palace, there are 2 options open to you firstly, there is a public car park that we will be having a separate area set aside for classic/interesting cars to park in, to create a car show within the car park or you could have a club display and pre enter the event itself. The club display is limited to 5 cars per day per club although you can have different cars on each day giving up to 10 people the chance to attend other the course of the 2 days. I have attached an entry form if you are interested.

Bump into you soon

Jason and Shelly

It transpires that i know these 2 from a club i used to go to (Dutch House Street n Strip car club) If any one would like me to forward the Word doc entry form please pm me your email address :tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts