Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My names johnnie ball and i build cars for fun , building a friends dodge into the blues brothers car and a few volksrods and rat rods this year , but i end up building cars for everyone else and not my own ,
so this year im focusing on my crazy builds & holding a 9-5 job down and keeping my cars under a zero budget hence why i only build rusty stuff for fun n not for profit , i helped start motion picture motors with bullitt mustang dave by getting a group of movie car owners together and doing events for charity , i owned the mystery machine for a while and built a few inc herbie and a few other movie cars over the years , im helping with the 2016 buster lang show at sandown with movie and military cars , i been around custom cars since i was 7 and got into vw scene last few year but now edging back into the Hot rod & American car scene again , once v8 always v8 sorry & aircooled flat 4s no comparison
i worked for dream cars redhill for a few years so got to play with a load of cool classic 50s 60s and 70s American classic cars .
learned how to build cars by doing it not waiting for others to do it for me . best education to cars is build one !

I build cars for fun and for my buddys , i get a buzz inspiring others to do mad stuff which inspires me to make even more crazy stuff

Joined this forum to help me with a few builds as nobody knows everything:roll:

·
Registered
398 Posts
in the orig cartoon series what do you think the mystery machine was? yours is a cool truck really like it but the cartoon was flat fronted old econoline? dodge? I know it isn't but does look like an old J4 somehow. in the modern movie they used a cf I assume it was an opel as it was lhd, quite a claver way of getting a very different body for a film, well from a stateside perspective anyway!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts