Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys and gals,

The movie night is set for Saturday 20th of June down at our place, Dream Cars in Redhill, Surrey.

We're working on the itinerary of what we're showing but the Main Event of the evening is an 8mm Home Movie of the first ever Chelsea Cruise filmed by Ken Sweeney and kindly converted by Nick aka Timetravel.

We hope to have some other stuff that was also shot around that time - mainly home movie type stuff and hopefully some of the TV stuff we've all done between us as well!

We'll lay on the food and drink.

I'll get local hotel details for those travelling from afar.

We need to get an idea of numbers so please either reply to this or PM me to let me know if you're coming!

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, please throw them in the mix!

Cheers,

Stew and Milt

(Si, I'm gonna PM you put could you make this a sticky for a couple of weeks or so? Cheers, Stew)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Hope to be able to make it Stew , will confirm .

An Hour From Now You'll Wish You'd Had One!

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
"""Home Movie of the first ever Chelsea Cruise"""

Stew what year was that ?

The first Chelsea Cruise was in Kings road and we were there every Saturday night at first that was back in 1970 it was made up on our side of modified Ford Anglia i have a modified Anglia van with a 1720cc that thing did 125mph even John Baldacchino's have a 1340,cc Anglia it was guys like us who started what you see today >>> see Johns van >>http://www.anglia-models.co.uk/van-photo24.htm
You can guess what we both ues the back for.....not together,,hhehe

Bob…..

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
"""Home Movie of the first ever Chelsea Cruise"""

Stew what year was that ?

The first Chelsea Cruise was in Kings road and we were there every Saturday night at first that was back in 1970 it was made up on our side of modified Ford Anglia i have a modified Anglia van with a 1720cc that thing did 125mph even John Baldacchino's have a 1340,cc Anglia it was guys like us who started what you see today >>> see Johns van >>http://www.anglia-models.co.uk/van-photo24.htm
You can guess what we both ues the back for.....not together,,hhehe

Bob…..
The older I get, the faster I was! LOL
Bob you always were a van guy at heart, the first time we met you were driving a very nice A60 Van and it was at thw Van Nationals. I rest my case.
Rog.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
First Chelsea Cruise or not?

Hello Bob. The movie was taken in 1975. I did read on the "other" side that people were alredy going to Chelsea by I think it was Mikeyboy. (Shouldn't that be Mikeyman now). Anyway. The movie was when the magazine "Custom Car" announced it in there mag.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hello. Just had a thought. Supposing the Victory Wheelers get to hear about it and make there Saturday night cruise destination Redhill.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I know there has always been cars cruisin' the Kings Road since the sixties but the general consensus is that the first official, unofficial cruising to be known hence forth as The Chelsea Cruise was May 1975 - which is where the film dates from.

I have to say, and I don't doubt it, but it would be great to get some images - still or movie, of cars cruising the Kings Road prior to that.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts