3,624 Posts
Some fantastic picis as usual, the Consul looks imaculate:tup:

ps: what camera do you use.

cheers Jeff

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC=FS5. Quite old now and fairly basic in the Lumix range.

I do have a newer model (TZ5) that does lots more, but its a bit bigger and photos look the same to my untrained eye. The new lumix also looks good, I think its the TZ10. The benefit of the TZ range seems to be that when taking a video you can zoom in and out. On mine, you need to zoom, then start the video. you cant change the zoom as you take the video. The TZ10 is now also in High Definition video. No good to me with my old CRT telly:sniff:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Used to go to Mudeford to the fish stand when I was living in Barto on Sea.
recognised Terry Smiths 32 and Gary the stitch 34.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC=FS5. Quite old now and fairly basic in the Lumix range.

I do have a newer model (TZ5) that does lots more, but its a bit bigger and photos look the same to my untrained eye. The new lumix also looks good, I think its the TZ10. The benefit of the TZ range seems to be that when taking a video you can zoom in and out. On mine, you need to zoom, then start the video. you cant change the zoom as you take the video. The TZ10 is now also in High Definition video. No good to me with my old CRT telly:sniff:
Thanks for the info, thinking of buying a new camera.

cheers Jeff

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
love the pic of the bully and the staff:bigsmile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Next Mudeford Meet - 9th May

It's going to be every 2nd Sunday so the next one will be 9th May.

For more info, pictures and directions check out http://www.mudefordmeet.co.uk

There should be a lot more cars coming next month and I realise it's a busy place but that's the price you pay for having a really good location to meet, the grockles like it as well!

There is a good turnover of cars though so you don't have to wait long before you get your preferred space near to the pub.

Also, someone did mention doing a breakfast run at Highcliffe up at the Cliffhanger Cafe so I don't want to tread on their toes for the time being.

Thanks to everyone who came and spread the word for next month!

·
Registered
4,088 Posts

ace! they look like: hell yeah we are cute, but try to get into the car and i will bite your head off. cool pic, i love bull terriers.
pascal

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
love the cream pontiac ... are they chrome covers on the headlights or a special lense ? anyone know ...:beuj:

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know, it's my car!

They are chrome covers that slip under headlight retaining ring. Only covers the top half of the light.

Surprisingly they dont make much difference when driving at night either, but then again the 6 volt lights aren't the brightest of things :D

I brought them from The Night Prowlers http://www.thenightprowlers.com/NP-Headlights & Spots.htm in the states, but guess you might find a supplier over here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We went yesterday (11/7) but there only seemed to be few bikes & a Yellow Ford Pop.
Did anyone else go?
What were you in? You should've come over and said hello. :wave:

we got there at 2.45 , no cars,just a nice harley chop !
We were there, by the pub, next to all the bikes... :wave:

Last month the owners moved their cars round onto the actual quayside, alongside all the bikes. This helped to alleviate the parking problems for the public and also gave us a large area where we could all park together.

This of course caused a great deal of interest and cars were surrounded by people all afternoon. I should say however that parking on the quay doesn't mean you don't have to buy a Pay and Display ticket. We don't want the council to think we're avoiding paying their charges by parking there.

I've heard from lots of people that this Sunday should be a good turn out. I think it's because we're coming out of the summer show season (and school holidays) and therefore more people are available.

Also, the majority of the cars will be doing a cruise at about 5pm over to Bournemouth for the last 'Classics on the Prom' of the season. The Mudeford Meet will be running every 2nd Sunday right throughout the winter though. :tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts