Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THERES BEEN A LOT OF TALK ON MURALS ON OTHER THREADS BUT UNTIL NOW I DONT THINK WE'VE HAD A THREAD DEDICATED TO THEM, I KNOW MR MUMFORD (AIRBRUSHMAN) IS ON HERE SO THIS COULD BE GOOD.

LETS GO BACK TO THE 70S & SEE ALL THOSE MARVELOUS CARS & VANS WITH MURALS, THE GOOD THE BAD & THE UGLY.......

HERES A FEW TO START FROM THE 3RD NASC STREET ROD NATIONALS AT BISLEY 1977, LETS ALSO TRY TO PUT SOME NAMES TO THE MURALS....:tup:

QUICKSILVER FROM STEVE STRINGERS STAR VANS....(ARTIST GEOFF RIDGEWAY?)

UNDER A 'VETTE BONNET...

STEVE SMITHS MOONSHINE...

CAMARO...

STEVE STRINGERS INTRANSIT...

MINOR BOOT...

CAPRI BONNET...

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER & ELECTRIC FUNERAL...

VANPIRE...

MINI BONNET...

CRUSADRE...

QUICKSILVER AGAIN...

BIG BAD WOLF...

HOW MANY ARTISTS CAN YOU NAME?, THERE MUST HAVE BEEN QUITE A FEW, THE BEST & MAIN ONES IN MY HEAD WERE OF COURSE RAY MUMFORD & GEOFF RIDGEWAY, OTHERS WELL CHRIS ROSKELL IS THE ONLY ONE IN MY HEAD AT THE MO SO I WILL LEAVE THE REST TO YOU LOT...

OH & BY THE WAY, THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CREATED ALL BECAUSE I FOUND THIS IN STREET MACHINES MAY 99 2OTH BIRTHDAY ISSUE, SORRY RAY IT JUST HAD TO BE DONE.......:incheek:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well the hair hasn't changed much!

I had not seen that before, I literally laughed out loud.

If you want me to contribute to this thread let me know.

Nice one Mopar.

Ray

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the hair hasn't changed much!

I had not seen that before, I literally laughed out loud.

If you want me to contribute to this thread let me know.

Nice one Mopar.

Ray

BRILLIANT, EVEN BETTER THAT YOU HADN'T SEEN IT, YES RAY DEFINATELY CONTRIBUTE PLEASE, I,M HOPING WE GET A LOT OF PICTURES ON HERE, THERE WILL PROBABLY BE MORE YOU HAD FORGOTTEN YOU HAD DONE!!......:smoke:​

·
Registered
347 Posts
BRILLIANT, EVEN BETTER THAT YOU HADN'T SEEN IT, YES RAY DEFINATELY CONTRIBUTE PLEASE, I,M HOPING WE GET A LOT OF PICTURES ON HERE, THERE WILL PROBABLY BE MORE YOU HAD FORGOTTEN YOU HAD DONE!!......:smoke:​
OK. We can kick off with this one (first and second versions) as most people seem to know it.

If anyone wants to use pictures off the site for this thread feel free - www.raymumford.com

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Great work.....my bedroom walls where covered in pictures of ray and geoffs work
HHMMMMMM, FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT, SCANNED THESE IN THE OTHER NIGHT, ITS MY BEDROOM FROM ABOUT 1982 ISH...

I EVENTUALLY COVERED EVERYTHING, WARDROBES, DOORS THE LOT, YOU LITERALLY COULD NOT SEE ANY WALL OR WARDROBE ETC! & MUCH OF THE WALLS GOT COVERED IN STICKY BACK PLASTIC, NOT ALL OF IT THOUGH AS IT WAS EXPENSIVE FOR ME AT THE TIME!

THATS MY WARDROBE BEHIND THE DIMPLEX RADIATOR, BEHIND THE CB, & IF YOU LOOK BELOW THE TV YOU CAN SEE THE PICTURES WENT RIGHT ALONG UNDER IT ON THE 2" BIT OF WOOD, JUST BELOW THAT THE DRAWER WAS COVERED IN VELVET!!, YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE RAY BENNIS TR7 (IN ITS 3RD GUISE) CENTRESPREAD UNDER THE CB ON THE TABLE, THIS WAS LAMINATED....

& MY BROTHERS ROOM & GUITARS...

THERE WAS OF COURSE MANY MURALS AMONST THEM!!

NOW HOW MANY CARS DO YOU RECOGNISE!!........:smoke:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOW THEN RAY IF YOU ARE OUT THERE, EXCELLENT PICS OF THE FRENCH CONNECTION, NOW I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED, FOUND THIS CLIP EARLIER IN STREET MACHINE SEPT 99, WHICH I MUST ADMIT I HAD FORGOT ABOUT,

PRESUMABLY THIS VERSION 1 DID GET TAKEN BACK TO STOCK THEN & ANOTHER ONE WAS DONE??, I REMEMBER SEEING FRENCH CONNECTION AT A BRAINTREE SHOW (TOWERLANDS MUSTANG SHOW) IN ABOUT 2002, SO WOULD THIS HAVE BEEN VERSION 2?, DID YOU REALLY DO THE SAME MURALS EXACTLY THE SAME TWICE, DO YOU HAVE ANY VERSION 1 AND VERSION 2 PICS OF THE MURALS YOU COULD POST SIDE BY SIDE?, WHICHEVER ONE I SAW IT LOOKED DAMN FINE...

I ALSO REMEMBER BULLIT WAS THERE, THIS WAS APPARENTLY ALSO A SECOND RECREATION, WHATS THE STORY ON THAT ONE, THINK THAT WAS A MUMFY JOB??

WHILST WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT WHO MURALLED THIS ONE...

IT IS OF COURSE VAMPIRELLA THE HEARTBREAKER, WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?.....:smoke:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isant "Bullit" and "French conection" owened by the same guy:?::?:
THINK YOU MAY BE RIGHT STEVE?, RAY SHOULD KNOW, COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE....:tup:​

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HERES A FEW MORE MURAL EQUIPPED MOTORS, THIS TIME FROM OLYMPIA 76...

NOT ALL MY PICS, THANKS WHOEVER...

JAGANAUGHT-OLYMPIA 76...

MEXICAN MISSILE...

MICK KEMPS SILVER SURFER...

FRENCH CONNECTION...

ANDYS INSTANT T...

ITS ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE, BUT I CANT REMEMBER THIS T'S NAME...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here's a scan of a page that adorned my bedroom wall back in the late '70s, it was superb art work on both of these.

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
Isant "Bullit" and "French conection" owened by the same guy:?::?:
Yes your right, Ian Budd has restored French conection and re created the Bullit mustang with the blessing of Ray, He also saved the 'badger' Rolls Royce. I just wish he would finish my Bedford [just joking Ian]........ Dave.
:tup::tup::tup:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts