Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pictures to follow this week .
it has come to a point where my dads health is not going to enable him to start the restoration of his beloved mustang 2 king cobra .
this is fitted with a 302 small block , auto box , 8" locker axle if i remember rightly, these are a rare car ,the king cobra has the complete kit fitted ,t tops
this car does run but breaths heavy so expect a rebuild , it will need welding / restoring ,my dad has som spare panels that will go with the car.cheers vin and the fuel tank is useless

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pictures will be thursday , cars are in chingford east london /essex boarder

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vin,

got any pics of thye motor out of the grarage? Any more info on what the car needs?

Jeff
will have to try over the weekend , it was just a fly by tonight
rear wings need some work , arches and around petrol cap, rear floor needs welding that all i remember at the moment:tup:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will have to try over the weekend , it was just a fly by tonight
rear wings need some work , arches and around petrol cap, rear floor needs welding that all i remember at the moment:tup:
it was originally a 5.7 4 speed manual but now has a 302 /auto box ,log book still states 5.7

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4 or 5 stud hubs? Could tub it out.........
as far as i know all mustang 2's were 4 stud , same as my brother is using on his tubbed 10 second pop, funny though i was not agreat fan of it until my brother showed me some pictures of a tubbed one , would be a different car though, comes with spare doors , bonnet, front bumper, and what ever other bits are in my dads shed for it.:tup:

·
UK Fox Doctor
19 Posts
wow, I used to own this car when it had the 351 in it, glad to see its still around, it is a very very rare car, there was another in Classic American for sale a few years back, he wanted 10k for it! no idea if it sold or not though.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
wow, I used to own this car when it had the 351 in it, glad to see its still around, it is a very very rare car, there was another in Classic American for sale a few years back, he wanted 10k for it! no idea if it sold or not though.
thtas cool, was it you we got it off, no engine or gearbox think it was romford area not sure now as it was a while ago:tup: also it had perspex tops ,i manage to get the glass ones for it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice car, deserves to be saved!

'should' be a 4 stud, these as far as i know only came in 302 flavour the 351/5.8 was never fitted as satandard..

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
vince brings back memorys that mustang remember the doner
yeah john that got plazmed up pretty quick , it them t tops off that car.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still really interested

:)
no problem fozwanger , you have first refusal, saturday evening i should have more pictures. be good to see it tubbed :tup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
cant beleive its for sale vin i thought your old man would be buried in that motor.

why the sale is he ill or something or fed up

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cant beleive its for sale vin i thought your old man would be buried in that motor.

why the sale is he ill or something or fed up
few thing have happened lately dunc , he aint well enough to finish it , i have not got the time either so the cars have got to go:sniff:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts