Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks,
my name is steve dodd, i have a 65 mustang called american heartbeat with a 289 & 5 speed doug nash , been around this stuff since the war, still can,t get enough. Had the mustang since 1987, used to race the car in competition till early nineties, now i just drive the car on the street, & race now and again for fun, & it still is. I have crewed on a few race cars over the years, john atkinsons jumpin jack flash mustang
dave mingays hellraiser pro mod calibra
nick davies pro mod olds cutlass.
I just like to be around this stuff
look forward to finding my way around the site
Thanks steve.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Welcome Steve, great to see yet another Essex car mad man with a class car on here. :tup:

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Good to see you on here Steve - a bit 'understated' just 289 isn't it? - tell us all about it :tup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
wheelie stang

Hi Steve,is this the grey coulered stang i remember lifting the front wheels whilst the throttle was being blipped through the pits at Long Marston back in 87/88,only just been talking to someone at work the other day about why im hooked on this hobby and sport because of moments like these!brill car!

QUOTE=STEVE DODD;66858]Hello folks,
my name is steve dodd, i have a 65 mustang called american heartbeat with a 289 & 5 speed doug nash , been around this stuff since the war, still can,t get enough. Had the mustang since 1987, used to race the car in competition till early nineties, now i just drive the car on the street, & race now and again for fun, & it still is. I have crewed on a few race cars over the years, john atkinsons jumpin jack flash mustang
nick davies pro mod old cutlass.
Thanks steve.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LONG time no see..

:tup:
welcome to the site steve

Pete :smoke: :tup:
hello pete, i hav,nt seen you since you had the 55 chevy, how long ago was that? i can,t remember what car i had at that time, mind you, i can,t remember what i did yesterday sometimes, nice to know that you still like your cars. cheers steve.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
hi steve,is this the grey coulered stang i remember lifting the front wheels whilst the throttle was being blipped through the pits at long marston back in 87/88,only just been talking to someone at work the other day about why im hooked on this hobby and sport because of moments like these!brill car!

Hello nigel, yep, its the same car, but the car looks better than it did in 1988
but i don,t doh! Thanks steve.

Quote=steve dodd;66858]hello folks,
nick davies pro mod old cutlass.
thanks steve.
[/quote]

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Alright Steve :tup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to see you on here Steve - a bit 'understated' just 289 isn't it? - tell us all about it :tup:
hi ross, yes it is a bit more than just a 289, it has as follows
12.00 to1 forged arias pistons
boss 302 rods, stress relieved
boss 302 windage tray
rather large solid lifter crane cam
260 tiger heads ported by i.c.e racing engines with small block chevy valves
screw in studs, chrome moly push rods, double valve springs ,roller rockers,
roller timing set, ford motorsport oil pump drive
bo laws 650 double pumper carb. holley 110gph fuel pump
hooker super comp headers.
all balanced. thats about it for the engine. thanks steve.:tup:

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
hi ross, yes it is a bit more than just a 289, it has as follows
12.00 to1 forged arias pistons
boss 302 rods, stress relieved
boss 302 windage tray
rather large solid lifter crane cam
260 tiger heads ported by i.c.e racing engines with small block chevy valves
screw in studs, chrome moly push rods, double valve springs ,roller rockers,
roller timing set, ford motorsport oil pump drive
bo laws 650 double pumper carb. holley 110gph fuel pump
hooker super comp headers.
all balanced. thats about it for the engine. thanks steve.:tup:
Wow Steve - 12 to 1's what motion lotion do you use ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts