Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to do this for a long while now but last night decided to give it a go. It took a lot of beer drinking Friday night for me and a mate to make this. Spent Saturday debugging it due to power droppage and niggly track probs.

In and back out the kitchen:

Back through the lounge and out to the hallway

In and out the crapper

Back to the hallway and to the lounge

So who wants to come round and play :D

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Well done, did you have any left over?

·
Registered
348 Posts
scaletrix

Bloody hell that goes all over the place:tup:......sod having to walk to the furthest bit when the car comes flying off:grr: you'd need sat nav to find it:pmsl::incheek::D

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done, did you have any left over?
Cheers, yeah there are bits left over. I was going to run the track through to the bedrooms but the gap under the door is too tight for the track. I was tempted to have the doors off and plane the bottoms though :D

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Cheers, yeah there are bits left over. I was going to run the track through to the bedrooms but the gap under the door is too tight for the track. I was tempted to have the doors off and plane the bottoms though :D
I got a jigsaw, you can cut out squares for the cars to go thru

·
Registered
348 Posts
scaletrix

in the bathroom if you run the track through some pipe and fill the bath up and put some boats in it .....it could be the tunnel section at Monaco:lol::D

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
or a router and let the whole lot into the floor....then you could leave it assembled!!

Fantastic track!

had a go one of the new digital ones the other day, 4 cars on two lanes and switchable lanes as well.......

·
Stroker
5,469 Posts
bloomin awesome!

bet you filmed it sober!

I got dizzy just watching it. :smoke:

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Well done thats Ace...:D

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When does the wife get back from holiday?
April 16th :smoke:

bet you filmed it sober!

I got dizzy just watching it. :smoke:
Yep we did get pretty pissed making it, so no chance on filming that properly.

Have been doing some more testing as the car's were slowing down when halfway round the track. Today we spent an hour going round checking how strong the continuity is. We had some joins apart, cleaned and adjusted the contacts. The car's are much faster and we're down to using one transformer now instead of 2 independant ones.

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Just showed the wife. She said you wouldn't do that. I said no, I would do a 4 lane just to annoy you

1 - 20 of 30 Posts