Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is in all her glory! Just arrived from the good ole US of A. Have replaced the AR wheels with these Eleanor ones for now until I get a set of correct GT ones and added sill stripes, they look wonky in the pic, but perfect on the car, strange !
First pic is car before the changes. J:tup:

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Nice Johnny - someone very close to me has a proper dual quad inlet for that. You going to paint it regulation Johnny99 blue?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Johnny - someone very close to me has a proper dual quad inlet for that. You going to paint it regulation Johnny99 blue?
Hi Ross, no, it's staying candy apple red-the original colour. I'll get her painted over the winter. How's that old vette of yours since you blew up the engine?!!:D

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Hi Ross, no, it's staying candy apple red-the original colour. I'll get her painted over the winter. How's that old vette of yours since you blew up the engine?!!:D
Doing F all currently until I get my ass in gear and get stuck in to it - however I see a potential excuse to step things up a little, eh?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking Good, is it as expected ?

I had my eye on that one ;)
Hi mate, Phil King told me that a mate of his was looking at the car, must have been you? It's a good buy for the money, got the S code stamped into the wing and windscreen tag. Genuine as can be, and got the Marti report. I have bought a 1968 390 for it that Ron Fenton's shipping for me and have found a '68 4 speed toploader. It's a £50,000 car restored, so there's plenty of room for manouvre with it. They're never as good as the photos, but it was still a good buy.:tup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi mate, Phil King told me that a mate of his was looking at the car, must have been you? It's a good buy for the money, got the S code stamped into the wing and windscreen tag. Genuine as can be, and got the Marti report. I have bought a 1968 390 for it that Ron Fenton's shipping for me and have found a '68 4 speed toploader. It's a £50,000 car restored, so there's plenty of room for manouvre with it. They're never as good as the photos, but it was still a good buy.:tup:

Yeah it was me ;) looks like you had a bargain there and worth doing it right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts