Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
General tool abuser
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this 62 Consul a couple of years ago from a chap in Oxford and got it back home..She was a nice straight runner, a bit smokey so i rebuilt the 1700 motor and put up a few hundred happy miles ..One morning in sept 07 i was awoken to find a run-away Omega buried into the passenger side, front to back every panel was damaged..:mad:
Decided to get a complete respray with the insurance money, but in the mean time picked up a loverly running granny efi engine and auto for 150 euro..happy days..
So with thinking cap on i decided to go all out and do some alterations..two door conversion ,moving the pillars, extending the front and reducing the rear doors, new front lights using Mini units and retaining a portion of the stock bezels moulded to the wings..new rear lights using custom billet stop/tail led's but using stock winker lenses inside peaks moulded to wings.Fitted the semaphores from the pop too..New tina mk 3 front clip to be fitted (get ready for a barrage of stupid questions this week lads ;)) , new motor and box , de-clutter engine bay,
Inside new clock arrangement but for the most part fairly stock but for leccy windows and a proper sound system ,re-upholster, carpets etc..
Couple of pix so far...weathers crap so i cant do much.....:cry:

Sozz...just realised this should be in the Garage bit.....:wanker:

Attachments

·
Stroker
5,632 Posts
Kool car!

You're braver than me! I just two doored my Consul and bottled extending the front doors.
I'm sure it will transform the look! You just have to look at Redvictors build up to see how
it can really sweeten up the lines.

KJ

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Thats a great looking car !,Bry

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bought this 62 Consul a couple of years ago from a chap in Oxford and got it back home..She was a nice straight runner, a bit smokey so i rebuilt the 1700 motor and put up a few hundred happy miles ..One morning in sept 07 i was awoken to find a run-away Omega buried into the passenger side, front to back every panel was damaged..:mad:
Decided to get a complete respray with the insurance money, but in the mean time picked up a loverly running granny efi engine and auto for 150 euro..happy days..
So with thinking cap on i decided to go all out and do some alterations..two door conversion ,moving the pillars, extending the front and reducing the rear doors, new front lights using Mini units and retaining a portion of the stock bezels moulded to the wings..new rear lights using custom billet stop/tail led's but using stock winker lenses inside peaks moulded to wings.Fitted the semaphores from the pop too..New tina mk 3 front clip to be fitted (get ready for a barrage of stupid questions this week lads ;)) , new motor and box , de-clutter engine bay,
Inside new clock arrangement but for the most part fairly stock but for leccy windows and a proper sound system ,re-upholster, carpets etc..
Couple of pix so far...weathers crap so i cant do much.....:cry:

Sozz...just realised this should be in the Garage bit.....:wanker:
Hmmmm....semaphores! yum yum!:cool:

·
General tool abuser
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its been a while...mam had a stroke so work ground to a halt.....she's a lot better now so i've been busy with work :tdown: and tryin to get the car done....

Cortina clip is in..engine went in a treat..couldnt believe how easy it was...fabbed new gearbox mounts ,positioned the rad and g/box cooler,got a new d/shaft made...engine back out, stripped off the ally bits and rocker covers, blasted everything ready for paint/powdercoating when i decide on a colour :roll:.....
Got a Vectra autobox cable so i can use the stock column shifter...got the bumpers , over riders, handles, all re-chromed plus the steering column and shifter too....
Theres 2 weeks work there.....this week i'lllllll be mostly cleaning the engine bay....;)

BTW..Marky...any pics of the car yet..?

·
General tool abuser
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: 2 door consul

Hi there should get my car back on the 1st of april just in time for wheels day will put pics up glad your getting on with your did seeing mine help in any way cheers mark
I'm dying to see the car green again, i was thinking green for mine ,so i'll be keen to see what the shade you picked turns out like....

·
General tool abuser
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Is this the longest build EVER....It only seems like 5 and not 8 years since i started this.!!!...between one thing and another, the other being poor of dosh things ground to a halt..car was in (and outside) the paint shop for all this time, outside meant the whole shell got some sort of rust coloured film on it..!!
We're back on track now and the boys said it'll be painted in 2 weeks, heard that many many times over the years, but progress is good this time..body work is done and she's in poxy primer as of last week.....well at least it'll be fresh paint and chrome and not Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
6 or 7 years old ..!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gotta admire the dedication for sticking with it for such a long time. The old Consuls are nice motors. My father in law has a soft spot for them and knows them inside out. What colour are you going for?

Also - just noticed you're from Ireland. Which part? I'm from the North.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts