Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys may be interested in this project I have had on the go in my garage for a while now. About 18 months ago I was given a Cobra rolling chassis which a friend had in his workshop collecting dust. I didn't particularly want to build a Cobra as you see a lot of them around here on the weekend and as there are quite a few they wont get a good resale value. Brought it home and just decided to get an engine and get the mechanicals right. But at that point no idea of what body to use.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to go for a Lexus 4L motor as they are dirt cheap over here and a lot available. Cheaper to replace then repair.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok getting there Andy. At this stage wooden body buck finished filling in the gaps to finish plug. Photos to follow

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. The foam is Urethane foam and using 50 to 90 density. Quite a bit more expensive than Styrene foam but resin eats styrene so would have to seal styrene before resin coat. Resin can go straight onto styrene

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are the 2 "blue print" drawing that I found on the internet that I used for designing and building the body buck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That is one 4kin sweet project loving it ,:Dwhat do you glue your foam with ? keep the pics coming Cheers Neil :tup:

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some more pics.

This was sometime in March. I was assembling the body buck straight onto of the chassis.

This is the backend now. Foam is in roughly shaped at this stage all the rounding and curves still to do. There is more than 100 pieces of foam in that photo. Take forever to cut and shape each piece, much longer than I thought it would take.
Kevin

1 - 20 of 337 Posts