Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
I needed to fit front indicators. As the original car didn't have any I decided to fit really small LED ones and tuck them away a bit.

I made the indicator light housings out of a piece of pipe.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Today I fitted the bonnet catches and bonnet belts onto the body side. I haven't yet fitted the catch and belt parts that fit onto the bonnet side. Will do that when I have the bonnet fitting perfectly. All these parts will come off when I send the body to be finished and painted, I just want all the holes drilled in the correct place first.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Hi Guys. Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Lots of other things and project seem to always get in the way.
I built a body buck of the Mercedes SLR300 that Stirling Moss drove for a customer in JHB that builds aluminium bodied cars.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
Yesterday was huge day for me and this car build. I took it out for its first test drive. It went really well. But I will have to modify the exhaust to quieten it slightly. It was loud enough to wake the dead. My brother made a couple of videos an my daughter posted them.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Maybe a bit raucous for a Ferrari. You could try a balance pipe to tone it down a little or cross two of the primaries over if you really want a more authentic sound. Love the build; keep up the good work.
 
321 - 337 of 337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top