Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
41 - 60 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks Guys. Filling the gaps with the foam takes a long time. I will keep the photos coming as any progress is made. I have managed to find the original tail light lenses for the car which I have ordered and is coming from Europe. When It arrives I will make the taillight housings out of aluminum.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks Streetfighter. Yeah Andy all back to normal, a few blocks a day. Need to start looking for all the dash clocks as I will have to make the dash before the plug can be finished so it all lines up. Hows the progress on your build going? Kevin

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks Streetfighter. Yeah Andy all back to normal, a few blocks a day. Need to start looking for all the dash clocks as I will have to make the dash before the plug can be finished so it all lines up. Hows the progress on your build going? Kevin
3 weeks of continuous sunshine in Glasgow first time since 2006 spells little work on the car and lots of braais and beer drinking in the garden. I have made the other headlight case and a few templates but that's about it. Are you going for original clocks or something similar? Andy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Andy I was thinking of the original gauges which were Jaeger but no idea where to find them. So maybe I will use Smiths. Do you guys know of online shops where I can get these sorts of gauges? I did the CAD drawing last night for the dash so will get one of my guys in the factory to run the program and cut out the dash template so I can carry on the shaping the foam around the template on the body plug. I will post a photo of the template a bit later

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Good luck with the CAD 296moon just practice with the tutorials and thanks for the comments v8mk5tina.

I have been progressing a bit. A while ago I mentioned I found the original tail light lenses online.

I couldnt find the bases for the lights lenses so decided to make my own and cut samples out of 6mm MDF to check for fit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I decided to copy the lenses as well. They were made in 1954 and there was only 21 cars made then in total so to find then was a real luck. So in case I have a balls up and break one I wanted to copy it.
This is the box I made with the original part in to make the first half of the mold.

Then made the other half of the mold and cast my first light lense. The one next to the mold is the copy.

41 - 60 of 337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.